lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2021, 10:02 AM   #1
yankeefan1978
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 gas ez go txt radio cutting out

So I installed a radio on my 2018 gas txt cart right after I got it and I have had no issues with it until recently. Lately when I go from being stopped and the engine not running to hitting the gas and the engine starting, the radio goes off, and then comes back on a few seconds later. I am aware that this is because the battery does not have enough current to start the engine and run the radio at the same time. My question is, has anyone else ran into this issue and if so how did you resolve it? (Other than the obvious answer of replacing the battery) If there was no radio, there would be no issue with the battery and I do not want to replace that every three years. Has anyone tried a power capacitor like you would use on a car with a huge sound system? I am not sure that a cart could keep something like that charged or if it would mess anything up. I appreciate any help.
yankeefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2021, 11:36 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2018 gas ez go txt radio cutting out

Capacitor may not have enough reserve for that long. Bigger battery would help. Might want to check your connections.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Most people I know with this issue end up buying a separate accessory battery...that way it won't affect anything on the cart...a simple trickle charger is used to charge up the other battery once it starts getting to low...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Second battery with an isolater would also work.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #5
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

It worked for a while, so it must be hooked up right. That means something else changed.

Read this. https://www.golfstorageguide.com/why...an%20cut%20out.

My bet is that this is an early warning of the battery crapping out.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:36 PM   #6
yankeefan1978
Not Yet Wild

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a weak battery, I may have had too many beverages a time or two and left the lights on over night. I have boiled it once by leaving the charger on too long after said night of drinking as well. I'll look into a bigger battery and drinking cessation classes, thanks guys.
yankeefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO