lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
LC3
Not Yet Wild

Default LC3 rebuild

Hello I recently purchased a 2009 LC3 72 volt cart. The cart as new batteries new tires and new brake pads. Now I need to figure out why she’s not running first guess is the controller and I have not had much luck matching the GE controller or locating a 72 V controller. Wondering if anybody out there has worked on the LC3 currently owns an LC3 that may be able to give me some advice, as an electric golf cart is a new project for me I’m working in the dark. Can’t wait to get it running so I can then do some bodywork and upgrades. All I know about the LC3 yes it was built here in the states and appears to use all GE electrical parts.
Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6F3DF21C-28F6-47DB-BAC6-762F5E6A19C1.jpg (14.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1F646256-892A-47A8-91DB-AA55E78F2810.jpg (10.2 KB, 0 views)
LC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2021, 11:14 AM   #2
Saintbedard
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: LC3 rebuild

Hello,

I am also working on an LC3 Golf Cart. I had it running but the Proprietary connection board has an internal ground short. So I'm going to have to either find a replacement or wire it point to point.

I would check the 72V to 12V step-down converter. It is under the pre-mentioned board. Just make sure it is outputting 12v. In photo 1 the large post is the 12V+ and -

Be extremely careful if you remove this board. The converter's pins are really easy to bend and break and costs ~300.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (25.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (18.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (9.8 KB, 0 views)
Saintbedard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
72 volt, lc3
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts