lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2021, 06:38 PM   #1
Turbocoupe98
Not Yet Wild

Default 90 DS exciter coil testing

hello all! (my first post here)

any who....

picked up a 90 DS all stock, and have been doing the normal services this week. front hubs, spark plug, governor adjustment not too much though.
have had this "issue"... when driving motor will kinda act like its running out of gas then sputter stumble and backfire and die.. starter motor steady cranking till you let off. pulled the coil and tested the exciter and was within range brown to red and white to ground.
got new cdi in and strapped everything together and in test mode cart fired up ran fine then when i got off of it it still kinda chug-a-lug(ish).. so idk if its maybe starter motor (looks new and likely never been changed). i have all body off the carts currently for paint, and added a back seat, going to try a work bench top starter motor service to check brushes, etc.. anyways.

exciter coil i tested again after i pulled the starter motor and it was kinda high. brown to red. was like 20ohms high then when cold. wonder if that might be an issue? or seem fine.?? i did see where someone posted on eBay exciter coils etc and they were 175.. i was like ****,,,, so i looked on ALLI (or what ever the Chinese site is and found all; you can buy for 75.a piece!!

should io just go ahead and toss on in there for piece of mind? besides it would be LOADS easier to do now with it in a naked frame.

sorry for jumping around a little its the PTSD/TDI stuff from the service. i can ramble!! haha

again, thanks for the info/

Daniel
Turbocoupe98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 90 DS exciter coil testing

Yeah it's definitely not fun to have to change the exciting coil when the motor is back in the cart.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:36 AM   #3
FryeClub91
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello, I also need a exciter coil for my 91 DS. Can you post a link where you were able to get one? Thanks.
FryeClub91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeClub91 View Post
Hello, I also need a exciter coil for my 91 DS. Can you post a link where you were able to get one? Thanks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/121805996788
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #5
FryeClub91
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Springbok, I was watching that one and a bit surprised at the cost. Turbocoupe98 got me thinking there might be a cheaper option but not sure if that ever panned out for him. Could be that's the best I can do.
FryeClub91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car