lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Default can you fit lifted cart in pickup between wheel wells?

I am researching lifts, and tires for my 2009 EZgo RXV electric Cart. I use my cart camping and I winch it into the bed of my 8 ft bed pickup truck. My bed is 49" between wheel wells. I guess I could go over the wheel wells if needed, but I think that would be a pain and I am trying to keep front tire total distant under 49" so it can easily get in/out of the pick up bed. My stock cart measures 44" outside to outside on the front tires. I assume I have 8" wide tires and 7" rims.

I was thinking of a 6" lift with 10 inch tires, 3 by 4 rims. If I am doing my math correct the rims will stick out 1/2 inch farther than stock and the tires 1" per side which is 3" more total, that is 47". I have heard different lifts also stick out farther than stock. How do I know how much the lift kit alone will make my cart wider? Do you think the lift will add 1 inch more per side?

I use the cart at camp grounds and paved roads, I dont need anything for offroad.

Thanks
Kevin
kMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #2
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: can you fit lifted cart in pickup between wheel wells?

I don't know the brand of lift on mine but it fits in a full size bed fine.
My rear grab handles base drags when loading even with my long ramps, 7' iirc.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

look here > https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=117595
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:14 AM   #4
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the link, I like those bars to help support tailgate. I have been using just the cables which hold but I would rather have solid bars.
kMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
phipps33
Not Yet Wild

Problem with those bars, they hook onto the latching mechanism. On my truck that is plastic, IIRC. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Good idea if they connected some other way.
phipps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:54 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by phipps33 View Post
Problem with those bars, they hook onto the latching mechanism. On my truck that is plastic, IIRC. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Good idea if they connected some other way.
Plastic? Are you sure? I've never seen a pickup with plastic holding the cables. What kind of truck is this?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:20 AM   #7
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMD View Post
I am researching lifts, and tires for my 2009 EZgo RXV electric Cart. I use my cart camping and I winch it into the bed of my 8 ft bed pickup truck. My bed is 49" between wheel wells. I guess I could go over the wheel wells if needed, but I think that would be a pain and I am trying to keep front tire total distant under 49" so it can easily get in/out of the pick up bed. My stock cart measures 44" outside to outside on the front tires. I assume I have 8" wide tires and 7" rims.

I was thinking of a 6" lift with 10 inch tires, 3 by 4 rims. If I am doing my math correct the rims will stick out 1/2 inch farther than stock and the tires 1" per side which is 3" more total, that is 47". I have heard different lifts also stick out farther than stock. How do I know how much the lift kit alone will make my cart wider? Do you think the lift will add 1 inch more per side?

I use the cart at camp grounds and paved roads, I dont need anything for offroad.

Thanks
Kevin
My Precedent data won't help you, but maybe it will help the next guy. With a 6" All Sports Double A-Arm lift, my front wheel base was 49.25" using Arisun X-Trail II in 22x11-10 on Rhox 10x7 (3+4 offset). My rear WB was 50.5" with this setup. I measured by putting straight objects up against the tires, so you need to add a couple inches if you're trying to apply it to a "will this fit in my truck" equation.

I then upgraded to the All Sports Long Travel, which further pushed my front WB out to 50.5"

HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts