lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #21
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wheel spacers for better stability and cool look

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown55 View Post
What do they recommend for rotation, how often and what pattern, front to back, x pattern or side to side.
When I added my spacers I did a X rotation. I had about 600 miles on my cart. I keep my tires at 25 psi and noticed wear on the outside nubs...nothing too bad though. When I drove my cart after the rotation I did notice some tire vibrations coming from the front wheels that I felt in the steering wheel. I considered checking my spacers to see if maybe they weren't torqued enough but never did. I really just chalked the vibration up to the fact that it's a golf cart and not a car.
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2021, 08:28 PM   #22
Undisclosed
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the recommendation and tips. I had a short window to work on it so just got the front ones on today. I could feel a big difference in cornering stability. Front and back actually look pretty even now so it does not look odd at all. I’ll probably drive it is way for a bit so I have a comparison point then do the back.

I also inflated to 25psi which could have been part of what helped as well. I’d like to replace these tires with street versions as some point - or at least closer to it as the most off-roading I’ll do is grass or flat dirt.
Undisclosed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:01 PM   #23
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisclosed View Post
Thanks for the recommendation and tips. I had a short window to work on it so just got the front ones on today. I could feel a big difference in cornering stability. Front and back actually look pretty even now so it does not look odd at all. I’ll probably drive it is way for a bit so I have a comparison point then do the back.

I also inflated to 25psi which could have been part of what helped as well. I’d like to replace these tires with street versions as some point - or at least closer to it as the most off-roading I’ll do is grass or flat dirt.
Besides looks I would just stick with the stock tires until they wear out. My big issue with the cart was how unstable it was at higher speeds. To me this issue has been solved by adding the spacers. I'm set at 28 MPH and absolutely feel in control no matter what. My two younger kids, who aren't 16 yet, have no issues and I feel just fine letting them drive the cart around our community.

I'm not sure if you have the spacers or not but I would add this first and then new tires when the stock ones are bald. Just my two cents worth........
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:13 AM   #24
Undisclosed
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I did the front ones and plan to do the back ones in a couple weeks. I felt noticeable improvement after just the front - if back adds even more stability that would be great and wouldn’t see any need to swap tires.
Undisclosed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:17 AM   #25
Itech
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I did this mod today. YES, much more stable at higher speeds. I love these easy bolt on mods.
Itech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 06:15 PM   #26
Becker135
Not Yet Wild

Since my i40F is non lifted it seems the 1.5 in spacers may be enough, and even thinking about just doing the 2 fronts. Any thoughts? I have already replaced the crap oem tires and that made a huge difference.
Becker135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:22 PM   #27
Chuckster62
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2022 I40. Put 2 inch spacers all around and put on Icon fender flares. Looks great, helped stability and handled a bit better on curves. Very happy.
Chuckster62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:13 AM   #28
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

New ICON owner. Can these be added to a non-lifted i20, as well? Looking for a bit more stability.
BackNine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:56 AM   #29
derelicte
Gone Wild

Yes, but without fender flares the wheels will stick out quite a bit, especially in the rear.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 01:32 PM   #30
Limey
Not Yet Wild

I’m going to try the 1.5 inch spacers. Does anyone remember if the bore size is 62mm or 68mm? Thanks!
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon