lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #11
DM3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Do people want programming cables made for them?

Thanks for doing this! Looking forward to buying one.
DM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2021, 10:06 PM   #12
Granite
Not Yet Wild

Yes, interested
Granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:52 AM   #13
TheWIZZ
Not Yet Wild

Hello ATrain - any update on the Amazon setup for procuring the programming cables? Thanks in advance.
TheWIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:28 AM   #14
ATrain
Gone Wild

I have an update! - https://www.amazon.com/Golf-Programm...dp/B09253SPKC/

Remember, this is only ONE part of the cable. The other part can be purchased from https://canusbshop.com/. The software requires that specific CANUSB device and it's required. The only way around that specific device is reverse engineering the software and rewriting it. TRUST ME. I've already started reverse engineering the software and attempting to replace it with a different canbus module for fun, but it's not that fun and I'm not sure it's worth the effort...and it's not easy.

Regarding Amazon FBA, it's a good learning experience. Everything arrived at Amazon's CA facility on April 14th. They receive/process it, then ship a few pieces all around the country to different centers:

It says on or before June 12th will be completely received, but on the front-end Amazon.com it says "In stock April 26th", so that must mean everything will ship out of the CA facility until it's distributed around the country, then it will probably have that "prime" checkbox.

For now, it's out of my hands.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:30 AM   #15
TheWIZZ
Not Yet Wild

Thanks ATrain! Just purchased mine via the link provided.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #16
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWIZZ View Post
Thanks ATrain! Just purchased mine via the link provided.
Fantastic! First sale! Remember, these are hand made, so if there is an issue, just return it like anything else on Amazon.

I made 29 and in testing, 3 were bad, to give an idea of quality control. The only issue is the little crimp ends. If I crimped them too hard or a little off, the pins didn't line up good enough. That's really the only thing I can see being an issue.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:33 AM   #17
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
I've received a few PMs asking about making a programming cable for them and wanted to gauge the interest to see if there were enough people for me to actually make a bunch and list them on Amazon so people could just buy them.

To be clear on the cost if you decide you want a cable:
  • CANUSB - $120 - You have to buy this from canusb.com, I don't make it.
  • RS232 to molex (ICON golf cart) cable, I could make this and it would cost $20-25. That would leave me a $6-10 "profit" for beer and I'd just throw these on Amazon.

So I can make the cheap, $20'ish part, but you would still need to buy the expensive part. I would not bundle the two together because I'd just be buying a ton of those expensive parts and then some people would just buy, program, and return them to Amazon lol.

I would essentially be saving people the effort of buying the $42 in weird tools, extra crimp ends, extra molex, crimping stuff, wire, etc and that's it.

Here's how to make your own: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=171601
Oops, I thought I was editing the original post. I guess BGW doesn't let you do that...

EDIT: Here's where you can buy premade ones - https://www.amazon.com/Golf-Programm...dp/B09253SPKC/

Remember, this is only 1 part of the cable. You still need the CANUSB from https://canusbshop.com/.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:05 AM   #18
TheWIZZ
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I've already ordered and received the CANUSB part. Amazon shows I should receive your part by w/c May 3rd.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:30 PM   #19
mbrown55
Getting Wild

anyone in Houston or Austin area needing your cart programmed, I have the setup and would be happy to come out and do it for you, as long as its something simple like setting max speed.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:55 AM   #20
ATrain
Gone Wild

Just some FYI regarding FBA (fulfillment by Amazon) and what I can see from the Amazon portal.

These days, everyone is concerned with what personal information is shared with whom, and obviously knowing names of forum members here isn't a big deal, but I wanted to share what I CAN see if anyone is curious.

When an order is placed, I see nothing. Once it's in transit, I can only see first name and city/state. So basically "John - Orlando, FL".

I'll update as I learn more. One of the items is in transit ("expedited") somehow...so somebody on here managed to get Amazon to ship before it's actually fully checked in. NO clue how that happened. Once it is delivered, Amazon may provide more info? I don't know.

Obviously I don't care who anyone is or have any use for it, but I've always been curious when I buy random stuff from foreign vendors...if they're going to be mailing crap to my home or what.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon