lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2021, 04:22 PM   #11
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Best and most affordable charger for lithium leaf 14s pack

Hi Bronsonj,

That power supply does indeed have the CC function.

For the information of others, if the supply doesn’t have a Constant Current function it will either shut itself down, blow a fuse, or destroy itself when you first connect a battery pack as it tries to draw greater than its rated maximum current.

A Constant Current supply will simply limit the current to its maximum and drop the charge voltage accordingly. The charge voltage will slowly increase as the battery voltage increases and the current demand decreases.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2021, 07:24 PM   #12
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

I got my Zeva all hooked up yesterday today i just said F it and ordered a Elcon TC with the canbus for the zeva. A little pricey but Ian at Zeva said its the best match to the BMS16 V3 i have
Ryan Tug Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:45 AM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And just like that, my charger died! I opened it up and it looks like there was some water intrusion at some point. Nothing looks burnt and nothing smells bad and the fuse is good, but no power out...

So now I'm looking for a charger too!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #14
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
And just like that, my charger died! I opened it up and it looks like there was some water intrusion at some point. Nothing looks burnt and nothing smells bad and the fuse is good, but no power out...

So now I'm looking for a charger too!
Says there is only on left. I have bought 5 of these. They work great. You can adjust the voltage to suit your BMS settings. If it is gone when you check, PM me, I have an extra new one on hand.

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Li-io...6-bee5153e81cb
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:25 AM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Ping Eye, I just ordered one. How do you adjust the V down? Is there just one potentiometer or is there more to it?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:35 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Tug Smith View Post
I got my Zeva all hooked up yesterday today i just said F it and ordered a Elcon TC with the canbus for the zeva. A little pricey but Ian at Zeva said its the best match to the BMS16 V3 i have
I'm quite happy with mine. It's worked when I had the 7 module pack and again, just fine when I expanded to a 14 module pack.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:39 AM   #17
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Boys I am not going to lie. Wiring this cart up has beat my a$$. I got the sw202 to click when i change from forward and reverse but the curtis FP-6 foot pedal killed me. I got it used from a buddy of mine and come to find out the gear was cracked on the inside so it showed 60% throttle all the time. Yep that made the cart darn near run through the back of my house. Lucky there was a bench in the way (RIP bench). So i ordered a new FP-6 pedal and it should be here thursday. I know i wired the key switch wrong because when i turn on the key switch the contactor solenoid clicks. So pretty much the curtis fp-6 and key switch has killed me. Also no clue where my charger is. Somewhere between Florida and China i guess
Old 04-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #18
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Well i took it on its maiden voyage today. It was pretty snappy for a golf cart i must say. I was happy just from my 10 min ride. Still have to clean up some wires and that should be it. So question to you guys. When i turn the key switch on should the contactor solenoid click? I thought it was only supposed to do that when you gave it gas pedal.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:38 AM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Tug Smith View Post
Well i took it on its maiden voyage today. It was pretty snappy for a golf cart i must say. I was happy just from my 10 min ride. Still have to clean up some wires and that should be it. So question to you guys. When i turn the key switch on should the contactor solenoid click? I thought it was only supposed to do that when you gave it gas pedal.
You have something wired incorrectly. The power to the solenoid should come when the go-peddle is pressed and power to the solenoid is provided.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:08 PM   #20
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
You have something wired incorrectly. The power to the solenoid should come when the go-peddle is pressed and power to the solenoid is provided.
Thats what i thought. Ok so back to the drawing board.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!