lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
Measter07
Not Yet Wild

Default How much speed will lithium give me on 36V txt

I currently have a 96 txt that I have upgraded from stock. My upgrades are AMD Speed 6HP Series Motor, Curtis 500a High Amperage Controller (0-5k) High Amperage Solenoid 36-48, 500a F/R switch that I converted from lever to push button, diode & resistor, and 4 Gauge Cables. I currently go around 27-31. I was just wondering if buying a lithium battery pack would make it faster. My thought was less battery weight and more gogo juice.
Measter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: How much speed will lithium give me on 36V txt

I found that I had more "pep" and more of a consistant power. I may have gotten a MPH or 2 more out of it, but mostly enjoy the responsiveness when driving with Lithium vs FLA, you can tell the difference for sure.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If the pack is same voltage, you will get about the same speed. Cart will be much lighter which will improve acceleration and make it feel faster.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:34 AM   #4
rjz
Not Yet Wild

I have a 36V txt 6 seater, it went from about 18 to just shy of 25 after conversion to Leaf cells (3 set of 5 leaf packs).

It was a 1996, motor had been replaced by prior owner but original controller. Not sure of the motor specs.
rjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:27 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just a general rule of thumb for a DC motor is Amps=Torque and V=Speed.

So if you have a 36V cart and go to a 36V lithium pack you won't gain anything in top speed. Go 17% more V to 42V and you should see a theoretical 17% more speed, but wind resistance being what it is, you won't see the full 17%. 48V is about 33% more. 54V is 50% more.

Are the gears in your rear diff stock? If so your gears are stock and you have big 23" tires your motor is already spinning around 5,700 rpm. If your tires are smaller the motor is spinning faster. What's the max safe RPM for that motor? It may be time for you to consider high speed gears if you really want to go faster.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO