lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #11
stodmancartin
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 48 v UPGRADE with SW202 From Carts Unlimited

PERSONAL OPINION SCOTTY B isn't worth a pot to piss in. I will take it to my local custom shop and when they find the issue that apparently SCOTTY cant I WILL TELL THE WORLD!!!!! You started this Scotty.
stodmancartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #12
stodmancartin
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Sounds like your activation circuit has an issue. Hooking a wire from B+ to the solenoid + just actives it from the back side..
What exactly or where is the activation circuit. I do appreciate you trying to reasonably help.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:32 PM   #13
stodmancartin
Getting Wild
Club Car

I sent you pics and video clearly showing wiring. How can you say you dont know. You would think that paying you 2000$ would be worthy of a phone call but you told me you would have to make 5000 calls a year. THATS BUSINESS. I field 250 calls a day!
Old 03-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #14
stodmancartin
Getting Wild
Club Car

Was gonna buy new solenoid from SCOTTY B, but amazon has same equipment for half the price. What a smuck.
TABODD MZJ-400A 400A Solenoid Contactor Solenoid for Golf Cart, Contactor Solenoid Heavy Duty for Golf Cart Direct Replacement Brand NEW
Brand: TABODD
4.7 out of 5 stars 30 ratings
Price: $56.49 & FREE Returns
400MZJ options

with 48v resistor and diode $105.90 USD
from carts unlimited with a 10-20% restocking fee.
GEEEEE
Old 03-25-2021, 03:20 PM   #15
phipps33
Not Yet Wild

Just remember, cheaper isn’t always better. Is it the same brand? Same quality? Or is it a cheap knock off from China.
phipps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:27 PM   #16
stodmancartin
Getting Wild
Club Car

All his stuff is cheap from china. I actually called the real sw202 makers allbright and they said that this was not theirs that it was a knock off.
DC Contactor SW202 DC Reversing Contactor of Switch Control for Electric Forklift, Battery Truck, Tractor, Excavator(48V)
$115.00
The list goes on and on. Because this Kid has called me out for not being able to follow his simple instructions and solve the issue he is marking out. The cart ran great and it quit. I did what he said and he said it was pedal, also from china, but anywho why does the wire make everything work as it should. I am not jumping the ignition bc I can turn it on and off with magic wire along with f/r, gas pedal functions as it should. I got a call in to alltrax they have great customer service.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:28 PM   #17
stodmancartin
Getting Wild
Club Car

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/solenoids.html his solenoid

wwwamazoncom/TABODD-MZJ-400A-Solenoid-Contactor-Replacement/dp/B081CSZCZF/ref=asc_df_B081CSZCZF/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hv pone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=& hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583726549807246&psc=1

Amazon

The one on amazon comes in a nicer box, LOL
Old 03-25-2021, 03:31 PM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The Amazon one is a cheap copy of that solenoid. I know because I bought one and compared them.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:36 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You don't need a solenoid if you are hot wiring the activation circuit and the solenoid clicks closed and the cart runs.
The question that needs to be addressed is why have 2 pedals failed to work? There is less than a 1% failure rate in the pedals we have made for us. It is mathematically impossible to get 2 pedals that are bad.
So why is the pedal not working.
It needs 36 - 48 volts between the red wire and the black wire. Then the blue wire sends the input voltage to the blue wire and activates the solenoid when the pedal is depressed. This is what you are bypassing when you jump the solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:05 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stodmancartin View Post
PERSONAL OPINION SCOTTY B isn't worth a pot to piss in. I will take it to my local custom shop and when they find the issue that apparently SCOTTY cant I WILL TELL THE WORLD!!!!! You started this Scotty.
This all seems a little unnecessary and uncalled for. I’m actually surprised he keeps responding to you at all after comments like the ones I’ve seen.

And most shops will tell you outright if you don’t follow the instructions and go on your own whims, any warranty is null and void due to misuse/customer abuse. I personally it’s pretty stand-up of him to send you parts you claim defective.

Just my personal opinion.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car