lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2021, 09:29 AM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cautious about leaf build

These Leaf modules are the easiest to work with of any that I have seen. You can build either a 7 or 14 module pack for a 48V cart and you only need to bolt them together and add bus bars to connect them. (and add a BMS) Easiest configuration is all 14 modules bolted together and wired with every pair in parallel. This gives you about a 120AH pack depending on how good your modules are. Proper size copper bus bars are required to do this. My modules came with those when I got them back in 2016. Be sure to cover the exposed terminals! My modules came with 3D printed covers but you can make your own covers. Just do not leave them exposed!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2021, 09:28 PM   #12
hiway44
Not Yet Wild

I received this setup for a 14 cell pack from either Dave or Pinkeye that was posted on another page. I am going to be using this setup when my Daly Smart BMS arrives. I have been using a double pack that I have been running the past year. I got both packs 7 cells each from techdirect.
I will be using this model to combine the packs.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lithium 14 Cell Pack w Bluetooth- Tap Harness(1).pdf (115.3 KB, 0 views)
hiway44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #13
a_machinist
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiway44 View Post
I received this setup for a 14 cell pack from either Dave or Pinkeye that was posted on another page. I am going to be using this setup when my Daly Smart BMS arrives. I have been using a double pack that I have been running the past year. I got both packs 7 cells each from techdirect.
I will be using this model to combine the packs.

Thanks

Thank you sir!
a_machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 12:58 PM   #14
a_machinist
Not Yet Wild

Well I finally got the battery together. Still gotta get some large gauge wiring and start putting everything together.

On a side note, I'm running a altrax300 and stock motor. If money isn't a giant concern should I upgrade either of these? Or just run them for now?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2021, 03:31 PM   #15
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Very nice lookimg
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Remember, as far as the controller and motor are concerned, power is power no matter what the source. If the cart ran fine and you were happy before installing lithium, then I see no need to replace the motor or controller.....unless you want\need more speed or more torque.

Run what you got and see how you like it. Also, your cart will be much lighter with the lithium pack than it was with FLA's...and that will have a performance impact.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would run with the stock stuff and see how you like it. You will see improved performance - at least 250 lb savings in weight - and a few more volts from the battery pack. Your picture looks great. Nice work so far.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:01 AM   #18
a_machinist
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Remember, as far as the controller and motor are concerned, power is power no matter what the source. If the cart ran fine and you were happy before installing lithium, then I see no need to replace the motor or controller.....unless you want\need more speed or more torque.

Run what you got and see how you like it. Also, your cart will be much lighter with the lithium pack than it was with FLA's...and that will have a performance impact.
Just wasn't sure if something like a bandit would be a no brainer right now?

Anyway it's less work if I leave it as. [emoji23]

Still have to find my new solinoid but, I might be prepared...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car