lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
tmaxx2007
Getting Wild

Default Double take titan limo body on 2015 express 6 48v chassis

Hi All, has anyone mounted a Titan Limo kit on an Ezgo Express 6 48v chassis? Jus wondering how to mount the controller setup in the front seat pod? Any help greatly appreciated!
tmaxx2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Double take titan limo body on 2015 express 6 48v chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaxx2007 View Post
Hi All, has anyone mounted a Titan Limo kit on an Ezgo Express 6 48v chassis? Jus wondering how to mount the controller setup in the front seat pod? Any help greatly appreciated!
Did you ever get an answer to this or figure out how to make it work?

I have the same issue. Also an issue with the length of the light kit harness.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:35 AM   #3
tmaxx2007
Getting Wild

Hi, no I was never answered. All I did was move controller towards driver side bout an inch or so n redrilled new holes to mount it. Then I cut the bottom of the doubletake seat pod plastic so the controller would stick inside it and made a plastic box to protect it. The wire i had to cut n extend the 8 wires myself to make it reach the front of cart. Hope this helps. Any questions let me know
Old 04-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Hi, no I was never answered. All I did was move controller towards driver side bout an inch or so n redrilled new holes to mount it. Then I cut the bottom of the doubletake seat pod plastic so the controller would stick inside it and made a plastic box to protect it. The wire i had to cut n extend the 8 wires myself to make it reach the front of cart. Hope this helps. Any questions let me know
Did doubletake tell you how to make the modification or did you have to ent and invengineer them yourself? I am still waiting to hear back from them.

I can't believe double take would sell something like that. I have used their regular bodies before and never had an issue.

I am sure I can make it work, but I would have never purchased if I had known it required all of this modification and fabrication.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:59 PM   #5
tmaxx2007
Getting Wild

Doubletake said they do not offer a limo harness. Of course that was after i had already purchased it! I would've never ordered the body kit if I knew the amount of work needed. I figured out everything myself. Doubletake was no help to me at all. Was told to use my imagination.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:22 PM   #6
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Doubletake said they do not offer a limo harness. Of course that was after i had already purchased it! I would've never ordered the body kit if I knew the amount of work needed. I figured out everything myself. Doubletake was no help to me at all. Was told to use my imagination.
Sort of what they told me. The tech said he had never seen Limo with the controller in the pod. I have never seen one without it there.

They advised that I move the controller under the back seat where it is on a regular TXT. Problem is, my cart has 8 6v batteries stock.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:48 PM   #7
tmaxx2007
Getting Wild

That's how mine is set up. I'm happy how it's turning out.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:06 PM   #8
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
I think I am going to end up mounting mine in a box inside the pod. I have switched to a Navitas Controller which has a smaller footprint that the original one.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:34 AM   #9
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Now mine is turning out to be real tight in terms of leg room. Do you recall how far forward you mounted the pod/front seat relative to the steering wheel?

Did you use the Sentry dash?

Also, to what did you bolt the pod. When I fit the pod, the only thing I have to bolt it to is very thin sheet metal. Looks like I am going to have to retro fit that as well.

I have had good luck in the past with Double Take bodies, but I will NEVER again use a Limo kit from them. Their setup at best is very poor design and IMO a POS and I got almost no help from customer service.

So far I have had to:

Splice the wiring harness to make it reach the lights

Retrofit the controller in the POD, it was NOT designed for the EZGO controller which means cutting into the brand new POD

Brace underneath the cart to have something solid other than thin sheet metal to which to mount the pod.

Measure and drill holes for the center struts to get the the right height to match the double take top.

Most of the problems above stem from the fact that they tried to use one universal POD for ALL carts. The pod should have been cart specific like the front and rear body, WS, and rear seat.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:12 AM   #10
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
Now mine is turning out to be real tight in terms of leg room. Do you recall how far forward you mounted the pod/front seat relative to the steering wheel?

Did you use the Sentry dash?

Also, to what did you bolt the pod. When I fit the pod, the only thing I have to bolt it to is very thin sheet metal. Looks like I am going to have to retro fit that as well.

I have had good luck in the past with Double Take bodies, but I will NEVER again use a Limo kit from them. Their setup at best is very poor design and IMO a POS and I got almost no help from customer service.

So far I have had to:

Splice the wiring harness to make it reach the lights

Retrofit the controller in the POD, it was NOT designed for the EZGO controller which means cutting into the brand new POD

Brace underneath the cart to have something solid other than thin sheet metal to which to mount the pod. 2 hours lost

Measure and drill holes for the center struts to get the the right height to match the double take top.

Most of the problems above stem from the fact that they tried to use one universal POD for ALL carts. The pod should have been cart specific like the front and rear body, WS, and rear seat.
Add Brake Switch to the above list. Instructions say to mount switch into floor and that will not work. The point where the switch needs to mount is plastic and flexes when pressure is put on the switch causing switch not to work. Again had to retrofit a metal plate to provide a place to mount switch. Also, even if floor had not been plastic, instructions were wrong in terms of how to mount. Another two hours lost and do not even have the body on yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO