lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2021, 04:58 PM   #1
jrhoton
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Fairplay cart speed sensor issue(i believe)

Hello, newbie here. Has anyone experienced an issue with the speed sensor on a 2010 48V Fairplay Goat? I thought I had motor issues, but leaning towards the speed sensor since the plastic broke from it when I had the motor in the shop. We plugged what we could back together and wrapped tight in tape and seemed snug, but now the cart is even slower and more sporadic forward/slow - forward/slow than previous, so leaning towards speed sensor. I saw a similar issue by user drharley98, but cannot DM them yet since I am a newb. my connection on the sensor is an oval 2 prong connection and I see the motors that I can buy that supposedly will replace mine are a triangle 3 prong. if I have to replace the motor, I will, but guess I would have to splice the wires, but prefer to get the female end of that wore to go from the connector to the controller if I can...no luck finding though If it truly is the speed sensor...this motor has this wired directly into the motor and not the connection on the outside of the motor, so I am not sure what my cheaper options are for testing to see if just the sensor...dont want to drop $600 on a motor if only sensor especially after dropping $250 to repair motor and worse now than ever? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
jrhoton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay