lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2020, 06:12 AM   #1
sbett
Not Yet Wild

Default Walbro W-10

I have an 89 Parcar with Walbro , my understanding is that it is a two stage carb, installed rebuild kit.
Runs good but it only sometimes seems to kick into " second stage " and will get up to speed but mostly does not.
Originally it would do about 15 mph on asphalt now it's more like 6.
My question is what triggers it to kick into "second stage"
sbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Walbro W-10

I just had a look at the WT series instruction manual and didn't see anything that appears to be different or unique about them. Have any links about this 'two stage' feature?

It kinda sounds like your governor is intermittently working or maybe your clutch is sticking. People often do very creative and not especially effective things to disable the governor function so I would be looking at that and then looking to see if the clutch is functioning. Likely the easiest way for an initial look at these things would be to jack the back wheels off the ground so you can run it with the body up and not have it go anywhere.
73eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:22 AM   #3
sbett
Not Yet Wild

I worded the question wrong, Should have said "low" and "high" speed jets and this is just coming from what I have read about his carb.
Govenor was non existing when I purchased so I can't think that would be it, clutch seems to work as should, belt might be worn, is there a measure for what the width belt should be?
You mention WT instructions, where could I find that info? hard carburetor to research.
Thanks for your suggestions
sbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:12 PM   #4
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

http://www.walbro.com/wp-content/upl...1/WTseries.pdf

There are diagrams in that link that show the flow and how the 2 sections work.

If the low speed isn't working you wouldn't likely notice on a cart especially with the governor missing. You notice that on engines that idle which cart's don't do. If it was a snowblower or lawn mower with an internal governor the symptom is when you set the throttle at idle the engine slows down and just about dies till the gov kicks it back up again then it slows and almost dies and the cycle repeats. IF you max the throttle or heavily load it its fine it just surges when its not loaded.

If high speed wasn't working it just wouldn't run right at all. The low speed section can't pass enough fuel to put any kind of load on the engine at all and don't really work once the throttle is open very far.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:52 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Should you ever want to go with a different carb the Mikunis from the '82 -'87 EZ Gos will bolt right onto a Columbia. You will just have to flip the choke lever on the new carb (a process that take 30 secs) and re-route the choke cable.

The Mikunis only have one "stage" so, for me, acceleration is more consistent.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 05:23 PM   #6
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

It looks like the Ezgo's mentioned above are the bowl style which means you need an external fuel pump. The W-10 appears to be more like the Tilotson carbs use on the earlier carts that has an integral fuel pump.

I don't know the later Columbia carts since mine is an 82 which has a a bowl style walbro and external pump. I do remember when I was having issues with mine that an exact replacement Walbro was hard to find and if you could find one was at least $150.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar