lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2020, 11:04 AM   #1
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Tires for grass AND off-road

So here’s the deal... my cart has to do everything. It’s a ‘15 EZGO RXV, chosen specifically because of the posi rear end.
I live in a hilly neighborhood and everyone has at least 5 acres.
I could use better than the stock tires quite often... but, this cart also gets driven across my and my neighbors lawns, and I’m in the Pacific Northwest where it’s wet a lot. I don’t want to tear up the grass.
But it also sees gravel and dirt and hills... it does amazingly well with the posi and stock turf tires, but who here leaves well enough alone lol...

I think I’ll go 20”. Street tires look like they’re what I need. Are they still easy on grass and grip even just a little better than the stock golf cart tires?
Or do they suck for reasons unbeknownst to me?
How bad do off-road knobbies tear up grass? That’s what I want to put on but I don’t wanna lose the ability to drive on grass without damage.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Tires for grass AND off-road

I have run many different tires, stock, all terrains, dot, atv and mud tires.

I run about 20% pavement, 40% grass, 40% off road trails.

The tires I ended up with is the Carlisle 489. They come stock on many Polaris quads and do it all very well. Smooth on road and off. Excellent off road in all conditions. The will wear fast on pavement.

With that said, a close second would be the all terrains, Sahara Classics, and they were very very good. Not the greatest in mud though, they tend to clog up. The do wear fast on pavement.

A dot tire with traction is called Stinger. These are rated very good, I've never used them. But should be the best for pavement, grass, and light off road. I really like the looks of them.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:36 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I've used the Sahara Classics several times. They don't tear up the grass and they're good off road. Like Andy said, they'll clog up with mud, but clean good.

Is the cart lifted? Here's a 4" lift with Sahara 20x10-10 tires/wheels.

Different cart, same 4' lift, but 22x10 Sahara Classic

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:47 AM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post

A dot tire with traction is called Stinger. These are rated very good, I've never used them. But should be the best for pavement, grass, and light off road. I really like the looks of them.
I'm planning on running the Stingers whenever my lift kit shows up. My cart will almost exclusively be street driven, but we want some more aggressive looking tread than stockers.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #5
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hmm. Ok thanks, those Saharas look pretty decent. I definitely want a tire with a good amount of sidewall, I don’t want low-profile for this thing.
It’s stock height for now... it’s hilly where I live and I don’t want to lift it if I don’t have to, to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. It gets sketchy sometimes.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:55 PM   #6
DGKeowee
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
I'm planning on running the Stingers whenever my lift kit shows up. My cart will almost exclusively be street driven, but we want some more aggressive looking tread than stockers.
Wakko have you received your lift yet? I'd love to see a pic with those Stingers on it. I too have ordered a cart and getting 14" rims and 20" Stingers on the 2017 RXV I'm having customized. No lift for me at this time. I'm anxious to see how it looks.
DGKeowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:58 PM   #7
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Actually, yes. I just finished the install on Friday but have not taken photos. It looks really really good. I don't think I'll be able to get pics tonight, but I'll get some as soon as I can.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:32 PM   #8
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wakko how loud are those tires when cruising on pavement?
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:11 AM   #9
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I drove the cart for about 100 yards so far only. There was a definite hum, but not very loud. The tires are also overinflated, which may account for some of the noise. If I can get out of work early enough today, I'll take some pics and video when I get home. I'll say this though, the tires/wheels/stance look really good.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:58 PM   #10
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wakko did you get a chance to get a good ride in yet? I have been talking with Golf Cart Tire Supply and they recommended these as they still had a more aggressive look but way less noisy compared to what I am currently running. I would like to hear your thoughts.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts