lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
Mwarsen
Not Yet Wild

Default Tiller will not come off

Ok so here is my problem, picked up a 1970 3 wheeler and am in the process of restoring it, I have the mechanicals pretty much done and am getting ready to do the body and paint. For the life of me I cannot get the fricken tiller off. I have tried heat and a puller, hammering it from the bottom with and without heat, it has been soaking in penetrating oil for a week and it will not budge. There must be a trick to this that I haven’t figured out. Also to remove the main body I assume you just undo the hinges correct?
Mwarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2020, 09:10 PM   #2
Scooter_Trash
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Tiller will not come off

No trick to the tiller as I recall on my 64. It's a tight splined fit... relatively even force must be applied at 180 degrees to avoid binding. I think I used a small gear puller. My parts book goes to 66... would your 70 possibly have a through bolt or roll pin holding the block on?
Scooter_Trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:03 PM   #3
Mwarsen
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tiller will not come off

No through bolt or roll pin, tried the puller thing with two different pullers. Found a good used one at a reasonable price so I broke out the cutoff wheel and cut it off. Thanks for the response.
Mwarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson