lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Alltrax Bluetooth

I have had the Alltrax Bluetooth module for a few months now, and I have yet to figure out how to change profiles. The ios app connects to my xct controller, but really all the app does (for me at least) is provide monitoring. I contacted Alltrax about a month ago and was told there is a new update for the ios app, but that didn't help my issue at all. I have changed each of the three user profiles and press "set" however there is no change from the current controller settings. Anyone else having the same issue or am I missing something? I bought this instead of the FN key after reading it can change profiles, which is the only reason I bought it... Any info is greatly appreciated.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax Bluetooth

Do you have a physical switch on the cart? If not it may always revert to normal mode.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think the bluetooth app is just a replacement for having to use a windows laptop.

It can only change settings for each of the "modes" not act like an FN switch that can select a different "mode".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #4
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Crap. I dont have a switch. So which switch do i need to snag to make switching profiles possible? I think alltrax has a couple different ones so im curious..Thanks for the help.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:17 PM   #5
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good news from Alltrax: Right now the blue tooth is just the standard toolkit but on a phone, it also doesn’t allow you to take monitor files and upload field maps.

A future update will be coming out for the software, that will allow you to change between profiles as you would be able to with the FNKS box. Right now all you can do is set up the profiles, you can’t actually select one, so you can use it to “program” an FNKS essentially. The update that will allow it to actually change profiles is supposed to be coming out very soon but I still have not been given a solid release date.

If you don’t want to wait you can get the FNKS or FN-Key, both of which are external boxes that plug into the controller and allow you to change between those three profiles. The FN-Key has a key to lock out each profile, the FNKS is keyless.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:25 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can also buy a cheap $10 SPDT switch and change modes that way, lots of folks have gone that route.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You can also buy a cheap $10 SPDT switch and change modes that way, lots of folks have gone that route.
Tru true
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #8
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have been away and haven't been able to check my Alltrax blue tooth. As noted in my previous post, alltrax informed me in Nov '20 an update would soon be released so the profiles can be changed via the app. Does anyone know if the update has been released? Thx
Old 04-26-2021, 04:39 PM   #9
turkish_ff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsoshl View Post
I have been away and haven't been able to check my Alltrax blue tooth. As noted in my previous post, alltrax informed me in Nov '20 an update would soon be released so the profiles can be changed via the app. Does anyone know if the update has been released? Thx
I have a EZGO TXT but I'm guessing that won't matter. I have the app and I have three profiles to choose from NORMAL, USER 1, and USER 2. I can change settings and change profiles, but it doesn't seem to work properly. For example I kept NORMAL at safer settings, and USER 1 at more fun settings, but the cart reverts to whatever the last change was if that makes sense. In other words I can't change profiles and expect the associated performance settings in the cart to change.
turkish_ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:14 PM   #10
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That was my same issue since I installed it. Frustrating because having the ability to switch profiles on the fly is why I bought it. Several months ago Alltrax told me an update would be available soon which would allow profile changes, but I guess still nothing. Thanks Turkish.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha