lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2020, 04:35 AM   #21
itsme007_bsb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: does anyone know what this cart is?

thank you Kevin, I think that is what my grandfather would call it a tug tractor.
the reason I thought it was used pulling stuff off railroad carts. as he would say heavy loads off rails so I assumed railroad? it was a prototype tug tractor..
my aunt has told me she is sure she has photos of this cart when her dad (my grandpa) in 1969 or 1970...she got dig them out
anyways here is a pic of the only tag on this cart & 1 of the rear motor.
thanks for all the input from everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tags.jpg (229.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rear_motor.jpg (272.8 KB, 0 views)
itsme007_bsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #22
ChienRouge
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: does anyone know what this cart is?

I would say with the extent gone to keep the driver's head low, it was almost certainly designed for low clearance work. (That seat was designed to be functional, not comfortable.) And with the hydro drive, likely high torque for heavy rolling loads.

The only industrial applications that come to mind immediately are aviation (passing under aircraft wings) and mining (low headroom spaces).

Keep us updated if you learn more. I'm curious.

Kevin

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ChienRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts