lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2021, 09:23 AM   #81
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Workhorse and MPT...I have my work cut out for me

Country cat shows the g01 for $40. I looked to try and see a picture, how different are they from a txt or other carts? I’ve never had a workhorse with a roof so not sure how they mount. But surely you could find something else and make it work easier than making from scratch. People take off the rear struts all the time for rear seat kits
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2021, 12:03 PM   #82
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The struts depend on which seat you have. Around 2002 they switched to a seat that the back was mounted to a support bracket and only the base flipped up. Before 2002 the back and bottom came up together. Newer brackets bolt to the rear seat support. Older ones went down through the upper body and bolted to the frame.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #83
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Update.. Old style https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...G01%7c%7eV-1/y

New style https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...938%7c%7eY-1/y
Old 03-20-2021, 12:25 PM   #84
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, it is the older style, and as you can see on the CC website, one side is no longer available, and when you buy the whole set, if they were available, you are up over $250. I have a local guy that reportedly has a set for $95...probably just go that way. Thanks for looking though.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #85
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Putting it to work. Electric actuator and dump bed help a ton for the beds away from the pile. Wish I could have gotten the trailer actuator to work...too weak to lift a loaded bed. Need to find another one. Oh well...jus the cart bed for now.
Oh, and got the used struts and top, did some massaging and metal work to make the top work...apparently RXV roofs and TXT roofs mount differently. Need to know which you are looking for, and needless to say, I did not. Worked out though.
20210411_155750.jpg
Old 04-25-2021, 10:07 PM   #86
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow, just ran across a tough find. I'm struggling with "Ole No. 5", the last of the bunch of derelict workhorses. It just doesn't want to run, and I have been through everything. I was getting spark, but it just wouldn't fire. I thought maybe the ignitor was bad, not firing on time, so I pulled a known good one off my other machine and installed it. NO FRIGGIN SPARK! Checked all the wiring, nothing. Ignitor out of #5 worked fine in my good cart, so I know it isn't an ignitor issue, has to be wiring. Anyway, after a couple hours poking through everything, I found the no spark issue. The four prong connector had one prong, the one connected to the red coil wire pushed back ever so slightly. For those not getting spark, make sure you check to make sure those prongs and the connectors are making connection through the plug when connected. Seen it on the two prong connector from the pulsar, but not this one. What a waste of time. Geesh. Now, need to figure out why "Ole No. 5" won't run. It fires, pops, banks, runs a little bit, but not enough to keep it running. I tried cleaning the carb, but can't the jet on top of the carb out. It is tight, won't turn out. The hole it clear, I can get flow through it, just can't get it to come out to make sure all the holes in the tube are clear.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:19 AM   #87
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah that's frustrating. When I was working on mine I was having issues and just was spinning my wheels, checking the same things over and over again. I took a break from it, let the idea marinate, and a couple days later went out and vrooom! No idea. When that happens it makes you second guess your abilites, but you'll get it. It's something simple. Probably that darn jet in the carb.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:03 AM   #88
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Been there. Had an old outboard that was running but bad. Took carb apart and cleaned it up good, put it back in sprayed a little carb cleaner and started pulling. Spit spit spit. No start. Pulled a plug and spun it over and had spark but it was wet when I pulled it out of the motor. Spent an hour pulling that dang cord and finally quit before I set fire to it. Week later was working on the weed eater. Would start but was fussing. Sprayed some cleaner in the carb and nothing.. Pulled plug and spark. WTH!! Figured why not let’s change the plug. New plug and 1 pull. Fired right up.. Hmmm. Put new plugs in the outboard and 1 pull and it started.. Conclusion .. Cleaner had fubared the plugs probably making it fire too hot. Under compression no spark. I threw out that can of cleaner.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:06 AM   #89
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I could have used a workhorse the last couple weeks. My DS wasn’t happy. But I could lift the front end off the ground with one hand for an easy tire change

I’d go through the carb again to make sure. Wouldn’t hurt to double check the valve lash either. I’d put my money 50/50 on one of those 2 being your issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 856CFA38-4527-46D1-9E21-4E53728CADEB.jpg (134.4 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:14 AM   #90
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I could have used a workhorse the last couple weeks. My DS wasn’t happy. But I could lift the front end off the ground with one hand for an easy tire change

I’d go through the carb again to make sure. Wouldn’t hurt to double check the valve lash either. I’d put my money 50/50 on one of those 2 being your issue.
I thought you had a carryall? That thing you have there is NOT, a carryall. Kinda like spandex, Just cause you can put it on, does not mean it fits!

I'm betting my current issue is carb. I'm gonna pull a good carb off another machine today and swap it in and see if it will run. I've set the valve lash already, checked it again. Not valve lash. Has to be carb, or timing...really not wanting to pull the clutch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO