lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 10:40 PM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Vc 460 discontinued

At appears Vegas carts is no longer carrying the 460 motor.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5A185D59-435A-4157-BD66-0470986B439C.jpg (27.9 KB, 0 views)
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2020, 06:54 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460 discontinued

The complete VC 460 kit with the engine has been discontinued for some time. The installation kits were listed for other clones rather than with the VC 460 included. The VC 460 itself has only been available as a DIY unit for some time. It is too bad but I don't think we are going to see any more VC 460's. I do hope they will continue to make their rod and piston combo.But if not someone wanting one could use the ARC rod and dished piston like the Gen 2 unit used.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:01 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

It seems they realized that the 625 is so much better. That and the fact that people want Vtwins. Have to do what the market demands. I think they have to order entire containers full from their supplier in China, and a container full of 460's may not sell. Maybe it's a cost/profit thing. And it's difficult to meet demands when your factory has Covid19 and is dealing with the Chinese government quarantine orders, and you thought our quarantine order was bad?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:32 AM   #4
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

After my 625 lays down, definitely dropping in a vangaurd
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:50 AM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
It seems they realized that the 625 is so much better. That and the fact that people want Vtwins. Have to do what the market demands. I think they have to order entire containers full from their supplier in China, and a container full of 460's may not sell. Maybe it's a cost/profit thing. And it's difficult to meet demands when your factory has Covid19 and is dealing with the Chinese government quarantine orders, and you thought our quarantine order was bad?
They were not allowed to sell the 460 since they were never emission certified. The 625 is. BUT With the 670 selling for so much less than the 625 and performance 670 supplying speed equipment you can where it is much simpler for them to sell installation items and leave the engine business to others.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
They were not allowed to sell the 460 since they were never emission certified. The 625 is. BUT With the 670 selling for so much less than the 625 and performance 670 supplying speed equipment you can where it is much simpler for them to sell installation items and leave the engine business to others.
I agree, it seems like Geoff has really been pushing the predator 670s he says it’s the best bang for the buck for a golf cart. They make great products.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:50 AM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see he just added a 670 kit for the Yamaha G 14
Old 07-15-2020, 10:15 AM   #8
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
It sucks when you find something you like and comes and goes. I don't care for business people who change there products so fast and then leave you hanging for parts and supplies. For what it's worth Vegas Carts could have added the little rubber hose from the valve cover and that flat air filter and it would have been EPA acceptable, it had the black plastic cover over the air fuel screw already. I love my 460's performance and power and the real bark when you hit that NOS button. I've got 3 of them built up and a spare block still in the bubble wrap for emergencies.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:02 PM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
It sucks when you find something you like and comes and goes. I don't care for business people who change there products so fast and then leave you hanging for parts and supplies. For what it's worth Vegas Carts could have added the little rubber hose from the valve cover and that flat air filter and it would have been EPA acceptable, it had the black plastic cover over the air fuel screw already. I love my 460's performance and power and the real bark when you hit that NOS button. I've got 3 of them built up and a spare block still in the bubble wrap for emergencies.
i agree! for what its worth NR Racing sells parts for the 460 and has the crankshafts sitting on their shelves- i just ordered one to replace my cut crankshaft on my predator 420 cc so i can swap the oem club car clutch for the comet 780 unit.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:41 PM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I agree with everyone, Looks like Vegas Carts is getting more into the fabrication of parts and kits. I don't disagree with their decision, after all, business is business. The 460 is a good engine. Too bad they couldn't make it work and keep selling and supporting it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps