lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2021, 10:15 PM   #61
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Club Car Electric Solid Front Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-N-R Customs View Post
Thanks. It’s actually a lithium “toaster” cart. It has the 4 resisters and old school wiper contact board for a controller. My plan is to take my 4 wires on the motor (a1,a2,s1,s2) and run from the rear axle to 4 solenoids then to the front motor. One master switch to turn the 4 solenoids on and “engage” the 4x4.
I don’t plan on needing it very often (if at all) it already goes everywhere, but I figured it wasn’t cool just being 2wd.
How long will it last? Who knows. Who cares? When it does finally burn up, I’ll order 2 Alltrax controllers for it and program them the same.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice work.

I'm not sure I follow you on the 4 extra solenoids though and how that is going to work.
The resistors are already in the circuit of the rear motor. So the front motor has to be hooked up to the same cables for it to complete the circuit. If you use the solenoids then one set is hooked to the rear motor and one set to the front. How are you going to get both on at the same time. I'm not questioning if it can but I would like to see the wiring. It's the Curiosity in me. I'd like to see how you plan to do it.

The front motor will be turning no matter what, even when no juice is applied so when just the back wheels are pulling the front will be dragging the cart batteries down because of the friction in the front motor and gears.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2021, 06:03 AM   #62
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Electric Solid Front Axle

You’re overthinking the wiring... the wires will go from the rear motor to their own solenoids and then to the front motor.
As far as the front motor dragging.... it’s just a plain series motor. I can push the jeep around with 2 fingers when it’s not being driven. It’s the identical setup just now it steers.... most carts probably feel like they have drag since they are so heavy, the Jeep (cause of lithium) only weighed 403 pounds before the front axle and quite honestly it’ll only be about 50 pounds heavy when I’m done since I’ll be subtracting the weight from the old front end coming out.

S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #63
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-N-R Customs View Post
Thanks. It’s actually a lithium “toaster” cart. It has the 4 resisters and old school wiper contact board for a controller. My plan is to take my 4 wires on the motor (a1,a2,s1,s2) and run from the rear axle to 4 solenoids then to the front motor. One master switch to turn the 4 solenoids on and “engage” the 4x4.
I don’t plan on needing it very often (if at all) it already goes everywhere, but I figured it wasn’t cool just being 2wd.
How long will it last? Who knows. Who cares? When it does finally burn up, I’ll order 2 Alltrax controllers for it and program them the same.

I don’t know what the spacers on the leaf cells are for but they are actually made to be compressed together. You are probably going to have problems with this battery build. I think Sergio can explain it far better than I could. You may want to ask him about that.

molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:20 AM   #64
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

molfpedal, we discussed this the first time he posted a picture of his Nissan Leaf pack, the spacers are actually applying pressure where those modules were designed to be compressed. The shape of the sardine can is what provides the proper compression to the pouches inside the module.

S-N-R Customs, as You know the VGlide contacts were never designed to handle the discharge current for two motors and it will likely overheat.

If You really want to do it, technically you only need two solenoids as one side of the Armature and one side of the Stator windings can be permanently connected to each other since no current would flow until you complete the connection.

The best way would be two separate controllers with a single 0-5v throttle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:23 PM   #65
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

I’ll do two controllers after I blow it up. [emoji16] I already have all the extra solenoids , so I’ll just do the 4. With the exception of the leaf batteries and cables the rest of the Jeep was made from all scrap that I either had laying around or picked up for pennies at the scrap yard. The Jeep owes me nothing and even if I fried the batteries, I wouldn’t be too upset and I’d order more.
I’ll probably only use the 4x4 a couple of times (if ever).
Basically like I said before, I’m only making it 4x4 because Jeeps should not be 2wd.

Old 01-17-2021, 05:55 PM   #66
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Well... I was able to get about 2 hours out in the shop today... I have the front end roughed in place and made the two long arm suspension bars. Next I’ll hang some strings and adjust the bars to their final length, then I can make and mount the last two bars.

Old 02-04-2021, 04:53 AM   #67
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Mad Skills that is awesome
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 05:38 AM   #68
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

S-N-R Customs, as You know the VGlide contacts were never designed to handle the discharge current for two motors and it will likely overheat.

The best way would be two separate controllers with a single 0-5v throttle.
Hey Sergio, As I build things (I’m sure as others do also) things pop into my head..... I know that i had already said that I would upgrade to controllers after I blow it up, any way (I am by no means an electrical engineer) when I run both motors, I’m thinking that I will not be doubling my amps. As the motors will now be “sharing” the load.
When I finish it I will hook up a meter and check for amp draw difference between 2wd and 4wd.
I could be wrong..... but if I am adding the second motor and technically splitting the load between them.... wouldn’t the lighter load create less amp draw?
Just wondering your thoughts.
I will put a meter on it for comparison when it’s done, just wondering if my thoughts sounded correct or not.

Old 07-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #69
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGO6a6Air4w

Old 08-04-2021, 06:21 PM   #70
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

All wired up.

In 2 gauge.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center