lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
Dmaxxx06
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Polaris 600 into Columbia par car help

So I'm working on putting a Polaris XLT 600 into a Columbia. I'm trying to figure out how to mount the engine. I want to try to use the factory golf cart mounting location because it's on the swing arm and I still want the suspension to work as it should. I'll deal with body clearance and other stuff later. Just need to get it mounted first.

How important is belt alignment and how are you guys making the belt work?
Dmaxxx06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Polaris 600 into Columbia par car help

Take a look at my build with a 440 Suzuki FC snowmobile engine into a 1982 HD/columbia cart in the big block sled section. It should answer many of your questions. I had to really cut away a lot of the original mounts and then fabbed up an adjustable mount for belt alignment and tension. I used a Dayco HP 2008 belt.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbia, par car, polaris
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps