lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall Turf2 winter build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosinighter View Post
If you do the doors look into a thin sheet metal versus fabric may be a close price considering you will need out door fabric If you make metal doors and cage it might be something I'm interested in mean while I'm going to try an fab up my own roof system. Check out my photos I just uploaded of my cart so far
Great feedback, the only issue we find with thin metal (aluminum is what we would use) is that it tends to dent, a fabric is more forgiving that way. You can run the fabric up against bushes and snow banks and it tends to give where the metal will dent and bend. I do believe you are correct though the cost of the fabric and aluminum would be very close, and building the tubular frame does certainly at time and cost. But as an end result I we are more interested in durability and useability vs the cost factor, of course cost is certainly something that has to be taken into consideration. We have extension back ground in both aluminum fabrication and fabric manufacturing so we like to combine the best of both worlds when possible!

Again thanks for the input, it's how the industry grows!
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
yosinighter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I got you I guess because the scrap business is In the family so I look for the strongest way fabric I would rip out riding in the woods and around the sharp metal objects around the scrap yard
yosinighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #23
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I got you I guess because the scrap business is In the family so I look for the strongest way fabric I would rip out riding in the woods and around the sharp metal objects around the scrap yard
I checked out your photo's, your carts coming along nicely!

With regards to fabric, it depends what type you use, you would be surprised the durability you can get from fabric. We just recently sold one of our companies (6 months ago) we use to manufacture inflatable aircraft floats for light aircraft and home built aircraft. They were the same idea as zodiac boats, but for aircraft floats, they were the most durable float on the market, far better then fiberglass ans aluminum.

Another option is having a lower portion of the door made of plastic and the upper portion fabric with a window. Similar to the jeep half doors.

I am sure metal will work just fine as well
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #24
yosinighter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yea ill have to look into that fabric stuff what type do you guys use that's strong
yosinighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #25
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yea ill have to look into that fabric stuff what type do you guys use that's strong
The best material for strength would be an 18 oz truck tarp material, the same material they use on the fabric sided big rig trailers. That's a rubberized nylon.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey Guys

It's "UPLOAD TUESDAY"
Old 01-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #27
Redlig
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holomis Int View Post
Thanks for your continued interest! I can't give you a firm price until we get the complete unit completed along with roof and windshield, but as an estimate it will be around the $800-900 range. Not cheap, but as explained in the previous post when doing "custom/production" the cost tends to be a bit higher.

Thanks again!
oh wow. im looking for only the frame. no windshield or roof. just the frame i though about modifying a jakes but seems like a lot of work and easier to start with a custom design than to mod a already built unit.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04320.jpg (41.1 KB, 0 views)
Redlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlig View Post
oh wow. im looking for only the frame. no windshield or roof. just the frame i though about modifying a jakes but seems like a lot of work and easier to start with a custom design than to mod a already built unit.

In your case you would probably be best to find a local fabrication shop to bend you one up. We could certainly reduce the cost by just doing a frame, I would also suggest having the cross bars bolt in that way it could be shipped. Even then the freight from us to you would bump the price up quite a bit.

With just a frame that had the cross bars bolted in we could probably cut the price in half. However as I mentioned you may find it more cost effective to have it done locally.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #29
Redlig
Getting Wild
Club Car

ok cool i was about to mention that maybe a frame thats all bolt together would make shipping a lot easier hmmmm thanks for the help ill look into it more. sorry if i kinda thread jacked.

for what its worth the cage looks awesome i have been drooling over it all day i want one haha
Redlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #30
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlig View Post
ok cool i was about to mention that maybe a frame thats all bolt together would make shipping a lot easier hmmmm thanks for the help ill look into it more. sorry if i kinda thread jacked.

for what its worth the cage looks awesome i have been drooling over it all day i want one haha
If you like we could get you a freight quote, for a bolt together unit. Just send Jeff an email at jeff@holomis.com and that way at least you know what it would cost to have one come from us.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides