lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
BillSWE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default No power with switch on

Turned on my easy go TXT Series and expected to hear the backup buzzer, nothing. No movement either forward or reverse, no buzzer, nothing nada! Lights work battery is fully charged. Turned the switches on and on a bunch of times, lifted the seat wiggled a few wires and found a 10 amp fuze, removed it, it was fine. Put the fuse back in, wiggled a couple of wires and now the cart works fine. Worked fine all day. Still working fine, pulled the fuse to duplicate the issue and the buzzer comes on. Kinda stuck here? I suspect the FNR switch or maybe the on/off switch. A couple of months ago the backup alarm didn't work when I backed out of the garage, later the next time I backed up the buzzer came on and until this last go around I've had no issues with the cart. I use this cart in my business every day so I need reliability. I don't mind throwing a few new parts at it to solve this problem. Any Ideas about where to start?
BillSWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power with switch on

I'll guess the solenoid doesn't click when it won't go. The problem is someplace in the solenoid activation circuit. Use a volt meter to follow the circuit and see where it is failing when it won't go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.jpg (107.9 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I think there were two separates problems described.

The one when beeper didn't sound and cart wouldn't move was/is the Reed switch (Labeled "Ignition Interlock: on the schematic Scotty provided), or at least between B+ at the battery pack and MS-2 on F/R assembly.

Beeper not sounding, but cart worked, was probably MS-4, or a loose contact in the jumper wire between MS-2 and MS-4, wire from MS-4 to beeper, or wire from beeper to small terminal on solenoid.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
BillSWE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

On the schematic the reed switch seems to be at or near the charging plug? When I went on my wire wiggling search the wires at the charging plug got a bit of extra wiggle. So the question is how can I identify the reed switch? And the wiring diagram has what looks to me like the big rotary switch for forward reverse my buggie has the small FNR switch on the dash. I plan to take the cover off the control box and have a look for loose wires. A while back I had solenoid drop out (cart would just stop, beeper would go off and then the cart would operate normally again). I replaced the solenoid and got lucky, no further problems until this. Like I said I don't mind "testing with a known good" and throwing a few new switches into the mix. And in the process checking those areas for loose wires. If I can figure out where the reed switch is I'll replace it. I think the FNR switch takes the most abuse so I think I'll replace that just for good measure. The charging plug is kind of beat up so I think I'll replace that as well. Any other recommendations? I appreciate this forum and all the info found here. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSWE View Post
1. On the schematic the reed switch seems to be at or near the charging plug? When I went on my wire wiggling search the wires at the charging plug got a bit of extra wiggle. So the question is how can I identify the reed switch?
2. And the wiring diagram has what looks to me like the big rotary switch for forward reverse my buggie has the small FNR switch on the dash.
1. Here is a picture of the receptacle with the cover off. Ther Reed switch is between the red wire that attaches to the positive Radsok (Brass thingy with heavy white wire attached.) and the small white wire that comes out the back that plugs into the red wire in the wiring harness.

Unplug the inline push on connector and check for battery voltage on the small white wire coming out of the receptacle.
If the voltage isn't there, just run a wire to the Main Positive terminal on the battery pack.

The Reed switch is opened by a magnet in the charger plug so the cart cannot be driven away while charger cable is plugged in. The silly thing caused some many problem, it was eliminated in later model years.

2. Oops. We took the statement "TXT Series" to mean you have a TXT with a series wound motor. The F/R on the dash says you have a TXT PDS cart.

Enter you cart's serial on this website and it'll tell you year, body style and drive type. Then identify your cart like mine is below when you post future questions.
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-service/FAQ-Model-SerialNumber.html

Here is a schematic for a PDS. As you see, it is an entirely different animal.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
BillSWE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you Gentlemen! When I was having trouble the solenoid was indeed not clicking. I should have stated that in successive posts. I will bypass the reed switch since I will not drive my buggie without disconnecting the charging cable. TXT PDS for sure. Thank you!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The easiest way to bypass the reed switch is to cut the white wire and crimp on a ring terminal. Land it where the red wire is on the picture above.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad you got it going.

BTW - You can Download the Owner, Service and Parts manuals for you cart in this post from the Stickies at the top of the Electric EZGO forum.
They are the three .pdf files near the top.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

Tons of good info in the manuals and in the other Stickies.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO