lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
runnin2live
Not Yet Wild

Default Excessive camber-New to me CC

I have a '99 Club car DS with a 3" lift I believe. I just bought this cart the other day and have been doing a fair amount of learning and working on it. One thing that keeps sticking out to me it the amount of camber on the driver side tire. I do not know what type of lift is on it, but here is what I do know; it is bolt on, no welding was done that I can see. There are no extra holes for the arms or shocks. There are no adjustments that I can see. The shocks seem to have a good amount of travel and have no oil leaking out anywhere. I hope I can adjust, if not the next step is to start from scratch with a new lift, a little higher of course. Here is the only pic I have taken so far.

runnin2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Excessive camber-New to me CC

welcome, are you sure the spindle isn,t bent?........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Was this cart purchased from a dealer and if so return it for correction of problem. Camber is adjusted by moving the spring back and forth at spring center eccentric bolt.
From picture it looks like you have a spindle lift but not sure as photo is not clear enough? Cart is sitting at an angle near curb so photo makes camber look even worse on drivers side? If its not a Jakes or All Sport lift you may not be able to get it anywhere near correct? Many after market Chinese, Mexican, etc lifts are sorry to say junk in my opinion and wear very fast as bushings and mounts are poor quality AND ARE NOT ADJUSTABLE ENOUGH FOR CORRECT SETTINGS?
This is not to say you wont be able to repair ( If spindle is bent or bushings worn ) or hopefully adjust camber to correct or near correct setting. Another thing is from photo it looks like you may be need to do toe in adjustment as well?
Good luck as you have a sharp looking cart that will be great to drive after repairs done.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #4
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Could try lifting up the front end enough just to get the wheel off the ground and see if it wiggles back and forth excessively on the hub. If it does, probably bearings are shot. I had a lawn mower with both front wheels looking like that once and turned out bearings were shot on both sides. If not that, remove the wheel and see if the spindle, as suggested, is bent. Looks like more than 3" lift to me, not that it matters. But, might be a good time to get a new lift kit.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car