lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 Wheel and Tire fitment

Can someone let me know if these will fit my G9 cart with 6" Jakes lift?

http://trademarkcarts.com/product/56...ires-22sc12tmp

What worries me is the 2+4 offset. I was thinking it had to be a 3+4 offset.

Anyone here get a better price on some of these?
traceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Wheel and Tire fitment

Is this a stupid question? I got money burning a hole in my pocket but want to make sure they will fit before ordering these.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Don't know that wheel, looks like a new one. You see a lot of the 12" wheels 2+5. You are correct that 3+4 is a lot more common, especially in 10" aluminum wheels.You should have plenty of lift for that tire, and it should fit. You're just getting a narrower wheel with less offset, so spacers might be necessary. Maybe someone else can chime in, or maybe a call to one of our sponsors who deals in the Tempest brand can help.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

should fit with the lift
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
Don't know that wheel, looks like a new one. You see a lot of the 12" wheels 2+5. You are correct that 3+4 is a lot more common, especially in 10" aluminum wheels.You should have plenty of lift for that tire, and it should fit. You're just getting a narrower wheel with less offset, so spacers might be necessary. Maybe someone else can chime in, or maybe a call to one of our sponsors who deals in the Tempest brand can help.
I think it has been around a while. I just want something similar to that in a 12" I like big wheels and I can not lie!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The offset is the width of the wheel halves, unless my memory is really bad lol. 2+4 should be 2" inside the hub and 4 outside. I have 3+5 makes 8" wheel, stock yamaha is 3.5+3.5 for a 7 wide, going to the 3+5 you lose .5" inside (3.5>>>3) so fatter tires don't rub and you gain 1.5 on the outside so they stick out of the cart some. Many wheels are 3+4 only 7" wide. Width changes how wide the tire sits on the wheel, if it bulges out beyond the wheel because the tire is wider than the wheel. I have 22x11-8 and the wheel is just inside the tire so it can't hit anything, but larger 10/12" tires may not fit the same as my 8s. I like the 8 wide wheel it seems more stable I get no tire roll at all....again maybe not a problem on larger wheels where sidewalls are smaller anyway. My cart is 1" wider on both sides with a 8 wide wheel.

So with those you should have an extra inch of clearance inside the wheel, to the shocks and wheelwell/etc, should not be a problem. You can see how the wheel is well inside the tire being more narrow, but seems like they would not sell them that way if it was a problem. I trail ride hard sometimes lots of ruts so good sidewall is essential and I use an ATV rated tire.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
cycleone88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

they willl work. pretty much the same thing I got on mine. If you need more piece of mind, call trademark. that's where I bought mine from and when you call them you will find out they know thier products pretty well. they know exactly what wheels will fit with what lift kits etc..
cycleone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #8
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleone88 View Post
they willl work. pretty much the same thing I got on mine. If you need more piece of mind, call trademark. that's where I bought mine from and when you call them you will find out they know thier products pretty well. they know exactly what wheels will fit with what lift kits etc..
What wheels you running Cycle?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
cycleone88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I'm running the 12 inch vampires. I really liked the spikes/fangs between the spokes.
cycleone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleone88 View Post
I'm running the 12 inch vampires. I really liked the spikes/fangs between the spokes.
Me too. That was one of the other ones I picked out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha