lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
ronjb1949
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default volt meter

I purchased a volt meter from Datel Meters and I'm trying to find a place to mount it on my 2006 ezgo. Any suggestions?
ronjb1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Tony M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: volt meter

This is where I mounted mine on my 2008, I just made a dash out of some scrap stainless sheet metal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 005.jpg (90.2 KB, 56 views)
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
Charlie_in_OC
Not Yet Wild

Buy a key switch plate for a gas cart, tight fit but you can fit key, meter and fwd/rev switch on it.
Charlie_in_OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Here's what I did:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...cessories.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjb1949 View Post
I purchased a volt meter from Datel Meters and I'm trying to find a place to mount it on my 2006 ezgo. Any suggestions?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Similar to Tony's but I mounted mine directly into the dash beneath the caution label (after removing of course).....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash.jpg (109.5 KB, 66 views)
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
Tony M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice Todo, I just used a roto-zip and made an access panel behind the sheet metal. It came in handy to squirt some silicone into the reverse buzzer for a muffler!
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #7
stevegoff
Not Yet Wild

like everyone else, i mounted mine in the dash. i used a heat gun and removed the e-z-go warning label. used a roto-zip for meter hole and hole saw for toggle. i used heat shrink butt connectors, female disconnects, and terminal ends. install probably took 20 minutes or so.

stevegoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #8
ronjb1949
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your replys,, My next question, will the dash have to come off to mount it at the ezgo warning label spot? And another question, Does anyone make a cover plate for the radio compartment so the meter can be mounted there, I dont think I,ll be putting a radio in the cart?

Thanks again
ronjb1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Does anyone make a cover plate for the radio compartment so the meter can be mounted there, I dont think I,ll be putting a radio in the cart?
Yes, EZ-Go has a steel panel that fits that spot, It will have a hole and plastic plug for a 12v cigarette lighter. I do not know the part number, but I'm sure you could find it through ShopEZGo.com.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for your replys,, My next question, will the dash have to come off to mount it at the ezgo warning label spot? And another question, Does anyone make a cover plate for the radio compartment so the meter can be mounted there, I dont think I,ll be putting a radio in the cart?

Thanks again
There are various kinds of covers for the warning label area. I've seen them come in Diamond plate, etc....In this case you'd cut a hole in the Diamond Plate, mount the meter from behind (or whatever mounting the meter uses) and then you would have to make a corresponding hole in the cart dash to allow it all to get attached to the dash again with some screws. If I were gooing this route I would cut out the entire label area leaving just a lip around the edge to attach the plate. Easier that way IMO.

The Radio Compartment? You mean the ball holder which almost everyone here uses to install a radio......I've not come across any covers for that.

Perhaps someone else will opine.
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO