lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #31
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trojan or US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
Business is business, and their goal is to make money. Pretty basic business practice, they save money and their bottom line goes up making stockholders happy and richer. If you were in business, you would do the same.
I agree, that was my point all along. I do own my own business, nothing to do with golf carts and I don't have stockholders, unless you count my wife and kids, which is who ends up with all my money anyway. lol
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #32
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I own a construction plumbing business. I do some things that cost me money for a variety of reasons. Makes it easier, better, customer preference. I do try to keep those to a minimum.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 01:39 PM   #33
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
I agree, that was my point all along. I do own my own business, nothing to do with golf carts and I don't have stockholders, unless you count my wife and kids, which is who ends up with all my money anyway. lol
So true....

Retired after 38 years as a small business owner myself. I did a high end business so cost was not that much of an issue for me, luckily.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:51 PM   #34
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well I've always been of the thinking that you gotta spend money to make money.
In my business, I will send an empty tractor trailer (three actually) to the pacific northwest EMPTY to pick up material and bring back to the Cincinnati area. We charge the customers mileage for what we pick up and bring back. However, our customers know that we do this for THEM, regardless of the cost to us. Every five years we are likely to get that contract again. So I send three trucks to PNW every week empty at my cost and then get a $30 mil /yr contract resigned every time. (that's not all we do "above and beyond", but it is a good example.)
I know not everyone spends the capital up front, but if you take a look at it, since that practice started going away 30-40 years ago and everyone got so concerned with the bottom line, most of those companies reputations have gone downhill and now there is no expectation of "above and beyond"....

Stepping down off of soap box now....as you were.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #35
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
Well I've always been of the thinking that you gotta spend money to make money.
In my business, I will send an empty tractor trailer (three actually) to the pacific northwest EMPTY to pick up material and bring back to the Cincinnati area. We charge the customers mileage for what we pick up and bring back. However, our customers know that we do this for THEM, regardless of the cost to us. Every five years we are likely to get that contract again. So I send three trucks to PNW every week empty at my cost and then get a $30 mil /yr contract resigned every time. (that's not all we do "above and beyond", but it is a good example.)
I know not everyone spends the capital up front, but if you take a look at it, since that practice started going away 30-40 years ago and everyone got so concerned with the bottom line, most of those companies reputations have gone downhill and now there is no expectation of "above and beyond"....

Stepping down off of soap box now....as you were.
Great way to do business. Difference here is that you are selling a service and not a commodity. If your service is above and beyond you will have clients. In the golf cart business, you are selling hardware, and not necessarily service, although that should be a factor as well.

Dealing with club car, the service here is fine, but the cart itself is not as well done as my 2012 (our last fleet). JMO...
Old 12-15-2016, 08:10 PM   #36
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

I suppose that's why the cart manufacturers don't move to lithium batteries....
Less weight, extreme run time and less battery replacement.
That would probably lose them a bunch of cart sales.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #37
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dannyre how do you like your Trojan Ranger 160 batteries? I'm in the market for a new set. Has anybody heard that Trojan is now making Interstates cart batteries?

Thanks, Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:06 PM   #38
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Dannyre how do you like your Trojan Ranger 160 batteries? I'm in the market for a new set. Has anybody heard that Trojan is now making Interstates cart batteries?

Thanks, Steve
Steve, when I bought them I d1d not expect much, just fresher batteries. What I got was batteries that lasted much longer than expected. I would do it again in a heartbeat.....great batteries.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #39
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Just ordered a set of the Ranger 160's myself. Hope they will be here Friday. Looking forward to the extra time in the woods with the cart.

Anyone hook up an extra battery or 2 for the extra run time? Would be curious to see how much extra you would end up with.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #40
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Have a set of Bull Dog batteries in the cart now that are just about 2 years old. They have been doing pretty well for me until last weekend. Out at the club, with a full charge, in less than 2 miles of fairly easy going the battery pack took a dive down to 30%. It was cold but that kind of a drop is ridiculous. So instead of driving back to a stand a couple of hours later after the morning hunt, I got to baby sit a sick battery pack. I am usually able to move around on the club pretty much all day long on work days without any worries. I will again, just not with Bull Dog batteries.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car