lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
brock40
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 club car stops running

i have an 88 club car and it stopped running. i checked the batteries and they are good. it runs sometimes but cuts out from time to time. any ideas
brock40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 club car stops running

That car should have 5 solenoids across the rear of the battery compartment. Possibly you have 1 or more solenoids failing.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

just as rabbit said but before that ..................you say batteries are good ? how did you determine trhis ? did you test batteries for voltage and then load test them? did you check battery cables to make sure they are good clean and tight? how about water level? i would go over these basic things before the solenoid and if they check out ok than the next thing would be to check the solenoid............................so if your not sure when you take voltage readings post the #,s and we,ll be able to help..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
brock40
Not Yet Wild

battery water levels are good, cables are clean and tight and i just replaced them all. across the back of the battery compartment looks like just some copper coils with wires going to them and they look to be in good shape and tight. looks like one solenoid in front of the batteries with four posts on them two big and two small. should i replace that?
Old 06-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the one withiout the resistor coil is the master,,,,,don,t worry about it dosn,t need a coil, you should hear 5 loud clicks one for each solenoid........start by jacking up rerarend and get a jumper wire so you can jump large post on solenoid than turn key on put foot on pedal and slowly press pedal, 1st click nothimg 2nd click 1st speed its now wheels should start spinning do this till last one and speed should increase each time so if thats the case replace the master and you should be good to go once running slowly drive the cart and if you get any jerking than you have one or more bad speed solenoids but 1st lets see if we can get it to run..............post your findings as its possible you have more than one issue..........................good luck and post back.............................................. .
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
brock40
Not Yet Wild

it runs but just dies from time to time for no reason when the batteries are fully charged but then it will run again somtimes takes a little while and sometimes a few seconds. and i only hear one click when i first press the pedal
Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
brock40
Not Yet Wild

i replaced the selonoid and it worked great for about 3 weeks and then selonoid went bad again why is this happening
Old 07-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

because depending on who makes the solenoid they seem to be very weak at it.........get a 36 volt white rodgers HD solenoid and see how it works........................
Old 07-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do like Shadowman suggests and get a heavy duty solenoid. There are alot of tower style solenoids out there that look just like a club car solenoid but are nowhere close to the same quality. When you replace it with a HD one, you are gonna have to either fabricate a bracket for it or get a little creative with the wiring, but it will pay off in the long run.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I just caught on that this is a resistor cart, right "One solenoid in front of the batteries" May as well get a good one ..........
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car