lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Battery Skid Plate

Does anyone offer a skid plate for the batteries on electric carts?

Would it hurt to make some out of aluminum diamond plate or the like or is there a reason for there not being anything under them?

Thanks,
BAF
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery Skid Plate

Good question, I'm interested in the answer too as I have no idea.

Love the hog in your avatar. Do you use your cart hunting? I have mine all ready to go and still haven't rounded up a trailer to haul it to the lease. Hope to solve that this week.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

I was going to put a "Belly pan/ Battery skid plate" on my Marathon but decided not to. I planned it all out and figured I would have to make it removable to do any needed repairs so I went a different route. At Lowes I found a sheet of white plastic (PVC?) peg board (In the lumber dept). The sheet was 2'X4' and about 1/4" thick. One side is smooth (I made this the bottom) and the other side has ridges on it (top side) that lets the water drain from under the batteries after cleaning. I cut the panels to fit under the batteries with a paneling blade on a circular saw. It's a cheap (about $14.) piece of mind to protect the bottom of the batteries when off roading.
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is a good idea. I think I will do that, too. Yes, George i use the cart to hunt. Just got back. Didn't see anything but one deer. That is the only reason i got it. There is nothing like an electric cart to hunt out of. I love them!

BAF
Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

On my Precedent the factory uses a plastic tub which sets into the cart and has holes for water drainage as well as for air to circulate on a large heat sink mounted between the batteries. I've taken a couple of pictures of it but the suggestion to use a heavy plastic is a safe, non-electrical contact sure bet!

Note that picture ending in 1020 is the underside just before the batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1022.jpg (68.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1018.jpg (29.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1019.jpg (31.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1020.jpg (56.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by scubabud; 07-05-2009 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: Added a couple of words...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Good deal. We've been hunting out an electric cart for about 6 months. Now that I have mine finished we'll have 2 on the lease. You can drive right up on hogs and deer. The other day I got about 20' from a jack rabbit before he spotted me and loped off. Really cool. I'm going this coming weekend.

Good luck to you. I'll be curious how the battery protector you're going to make works out.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Think I will probably end up doing the same thing as Fleck. Sounds cheap and easy.

BAF
Old 07-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #8
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaynef13 View Post
Think I will probably end up doing the same thing as Fleck. Sounds cheap and easy.

BAF
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts