lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
silver77
Not Yet Wild

Question Not starting right!

When i start my cart (FE290) rather its cold or warm it will start right up for about 1 or 2 seconds and quit for about the same and then start right back up and run fine at low speed and right to the floor. It does this every time i go to start it. Even if i stop for a min. it will do this. Any ideas. The bad thing it a my camp ground and can only work on it on the weekends. I dont want to bring it back of i dont have to. I hope i explained what it is doing good enough. All so should it set and run with out moveing or should it take right off when it stars to run? Thanks
silver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Not starting right!

No problem, you need to pull the carb and do a good "D-N-C"
I mean a complete teardown, blow out all of the orifices and even skin back some electrical wire and run the strands through them. check needle and seat and float level while holding upside down.
The low speed needle will need to be gently seated and then backed back out 1 1/2 to 2 turns.
Don't mess with the idle adjustment screw, the throttle (butterfly)must close all of the way to prevent backfires.
You might even pick up a gallon of the "gunk" brand carb cleaner and soak the carb body and all the parts for about an hour. It even comes with a little basket in it.
When you do this be sure to do the whole fuel system.
Drain and clean tank, replace fuel filter(s).
Do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again is what I think.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
silver77
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Not starting right!

Can you give any how to and pics or digrams not real good on doing this stuff. Thanks for you help!!!
silver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car