lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2018, 05:27 PM   #11
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Excessive Negative Camber

sometime in its life, someone probably changed the front spring with an incorrect one
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2018, 05:43 PM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
sometime in its life, someone probably changed the front spring with an incorrect one
How can that be? All of the parts dealers have only one spring for sale. They claim it fits all carts from early DS through late model Precedents. Some have a heavy duty spring listed.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Because there are some aftermarket springs that claim they fit Precedent and DS's (which they don't) and other generics that people will just "modify" to make work when they have nothing else. I have ran across mismatched sets twice in my experiences. Remember good old Mother Necessity...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #14
egolfer89
Not Yet Wild

I had this same problem and I had to take apart my entire suspension to figure out it was a couple things. In the A-Arms, one of my internal metal sleeves was bent between the bushings, allowing the A Arm to wiggle when in place. Secondly, I had excessive play in slightly worn bushings in the front leaf spring, and yet another bent bushing medal sleeve. I bought a bushing and sleeve kit that had all the parts to change out all front end bushings and sleeves for $39 at my local Club Car distributor, and that seemed to help tighten everything up. My Clevis' on both sides seemed really worn so I replaced those as well since they were so cheap (roughly $8 each). Finally, after talking to the local Club Car distributor, I noticed my cart had 2 washers that were not in my manual, a Brass one in between the spindle and clevis, and a stainless steel one on top of the clevis under the nut. I removed those and the spindle moves nicely and everything is tight. You will need to do another toe adjustment afterword to make sure everything is straight, but the cart drives so much better now and no more negative camber and excessive tire wear!
egolfer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #15
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
In the A-Arms
I don't see anything listed as an a-arm in my parts manual. Could you send a picture of what your talking about.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #16
rdameron
Not Yet Wild

I've ended up with the same thing. About an inch on each side.
A arms and clevis next I guess. I replaced spindles, leaf spring and bushings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3521.jpg (95.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3522.jpg (90.6 KB, 0 views)
rdameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #17
Awesomejdub
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdameron View Post
I've ended up with the same thing. About an inch on each side.
A arms and clevis next I guess. I replaced spindles, leaf spring and bushings.
What ended up being the issue? I have a 2005 that I am having the same problem with.
Awesomejdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 06:01 AM   #18
Blackdogracing
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey Guys
This is an old post of mine but I have found a reliable fix for this issue. It is caused by some part in the front end failing or being bent but it is hard to diagnose exactly which part. The is a repair called the King Pin correction kit. It consists of two new king pins that are longer than standard and have three settings where it attaches to the spring. Usually in my experience the center hole corrects the camber. You do have to adjust the toe in significantly after installation. I hope this helps someone.
Blackdogracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 12:31 AM   #19
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

The only reliable fix I found was to replace the entire front end with a double A-Arm lift kit. Then you will have all the adjustments you need. And if you think that is too expensive it's cheaper than individually replacing all of the front parts and still being out of alignment.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car