lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: HELP! Spun lugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifly View Post
Thanks everyone. There's not much room in the wheel to accommodate a nut splitter. I tried drilling the stud but ruined about 4 bits. I'm not saving the wheels, so time to break out a cut off wheel.
Those studs are not harden steel. A good bit will drill a stud in just a few minutes. I hope you are working with a rear wheel. On the front all you have to do is remove hub and all, then cut the stud from the rear.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
rib33024

Put your lug wrench on the stud/lug nut, And bend it up and down and it will break off
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #13
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Those studs are not harden steel. A good bit will drill a stud in just a few minutes. I hope you are working with a rear wheel. On the front all you have to do is remove hub and all, then cut the stud from the rear.
This is what I was thinking. Cut it from the rear.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #14
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
This is what I was thinking. Cut it from the rear.
You can do that on the front hub, but not the rear. I put a socket on the lug nut to help keep the drill from slipping to the side and to keep it from spinning.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #15
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

A hot wrench works well if you use due caution.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I would like to see photos of this lug.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:57 PM   #17
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OP hasn’t given enough information to have us give him the best and easiest option. He isn’t keeping the wheel. If it’s a front wheel, bust off the hub cap and loosen hub retaining nut, and remove entire hub with wheel on it. Cut off back of spun lug. Whalla! Done.

If it’s the rear wheel, different story.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #18
mlifly
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry.. I never mentioned it was the rear. I was able to get it with a cut off wheel.

On another related problem... Now I can’t get the new lug to pull in. Tried the washer and backwards nut method, but couldn’t pull it I with my impact gun. To be fair, it isn’t the stock CC lug; I used the dorman option I found elsewhere on this board.

I am trying to get the axle out, but getting the snap ring out is proving a pain in the ***!
Every time I squeeze the snap ring, as soon as I apply any outward pressure, the pliers pop out. Any help with that problem? (Going to post a separate thread also).
mlifly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #19
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

What kind of snap ring pliers? Do the pins have little grooves like the jaws on regular pliers and do the pins angle slightly towards each other when compressed? Makes a huge difference.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #20
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifly View Post
Sorry.. I never mentioned it was the rear. I was able to get it with a cut off wheel.

On another related problem... Now I can’t get the new lug to pull in. Tried the washer and backwards nut method, but couldn’t pull it I with my impact gun. To be fair, it isn’t the stock CC lug; I used the dorman option I found elsewhere on this board.

I am trying to get the axle out, but getting the snap ring out is proving a pain in the ***!
Every time I squeeze the snap ring, as soon as I apply any outward pressure, the pliers pop out. Any help with that problem? (Going to post a separate thread also).

I just seen this post. My impact would not pull mine up either. I used a long pull bar on my 1/2 in drive socket set to seat mine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car