lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
Jimbofinch6
Not Yet Wild

Default g16 f/r switch bad or controller

I have what I believe is a Yamaha g16 electric golf cart it won't do anything and I have a full pack 48v how do I determine if my forward and reverse switch is bad or if it is my controller hate to buy a controller and that not be the problem
Jimbofinch6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:22 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: g16 f/r switch bad or controller

If you have a G16 with 48v, the controller is probably fried. The G16e was always a 36v cart. where is the f&r located? What leads you to decide it's a G16e vs a G19 (48v)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #3
Jimbofinch6
Not Yet Wild

The guy I bought it from said it was the g16..the f/r switch is under the seat in the middle and that is what was wrong with it when I bought it, replaced that and it worked for a while and now it does nothing
Old 10-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Uh-oh. That cart was a 36v cart. Better check the controller & solenoid to see if they are upgrad 48v stuff.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #5
Jimbofinch6
Not Yet Wild

It may not be a g16 where do I look to find out? and idk what he did to the cart it does 33 mph. But right before it stopped working the f/r switch was getting hard to move back and fourth like there was a lot of friction
Old 10-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

The switch on a 36v G14/16 is on the body. The switch for a 48v G19 is on the dash.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:41 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Could just be a stock f&r switch gone bad based on your last statement. Don't buy another weak stock one, there are a few upgrade options for nearly the same $. The f&r is a known weak point on G14/16. See my build of a HD ezgo switch replacement ( http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...zgo-parts.html), or get a ScottyB reversing contactor setup.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #8
Jimbofinch6
Not Yet Wild

Okay so I checked with a meter and I have power on both sides the f/r switch..it also moved twice then I was able to get it to go one day and it went about .5 mile and it just stopped and now I have nothing? Thank you for your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha