lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
blakbald
Not Yet Wild

Default Solid State Conversion Questions

Newbie here with plenty of questions. Long time reader but first time poster. It seems everyone here is very helpful so I'm just looking for a piece of the knowledge.

First of all I am in the middle of a solid state conversion to my Yamaha G9(Stock Motor for now) and have a couple of questions.

I have the following for the conversion:

Alltrax NPX 4844 Controller

Curtis PB-6 Potentiometer

Club Car HD Forward / Reverse Switch

HD Solenoid

4ga Wiring

My biggest concern is the FNR Switch. Will this work with the combo or do I need another style?

This cart will mainly be used as a pit vehicle for the boat races. The father in law needs a little help getting around on a long weekend. I attached a couple pictures of the boat for entertainment purposes.

Any and all advice is welcome. There will be many questions to come so thanks in advance.

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FWD_REV_SWITCH.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg POTENTIOMETER.jpg (191.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WEST_93.jpg (48.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WEST_93_1.jpg (49.9 KB, 0 views)
blakbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Solid State Conversion Questions

shoulda went with a alltrax AXE 4844, coulda saved $125 without the PB-6. the AXE can use the stock 0-1k yamaha throttle. and now you have to re-engineer the throttle linkage to get the proper throttle stroke. also, i always use the EZGO hd FNR, easier to convert and more robust in my opinion. i think the FNR you have will work, but if it has only one microswitch, you will lose the reverse buzzer (and the 1/2 speed reverse option). if that boat is yours, you should already be surrounded by enough talent to easily do any of this you cant do.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha