lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #11
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Let's see your lithium boxes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm in a dry climate so not worried about rain. That coroplast looks like the ticket. Some glue tests show a hot glue gun with special yellow sticks (3M hot glue designed for Olefin plastics) may be the best adhesive here > https://www.christinedemerchant.com/...glue-test.html

I like the looks of this. As I have 17 hard case cells to hold in place, I leaning towards building a box of some sorts and then some way of holding them down too.
I was worried about how to bond the plastic that's the only reason I started looking into aluminum. This is awesome stuff!!!

Scottyb I have been fighting your website the last few days probably due to my phone. I'm wanting to purchase a motor controller and solenoid. I can't get all three in the same shopping cart to pay with PayPal. Is your motor page and shopping cart separate from your home site and its shopping cart? If so I can put in 2 different orders I was trying to save on shipping but I suppose your drop shipping and it wouldn't matter anyway?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2018, 11:12 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Box.....well, I have my (just delivered yesterday from vary talented Nephew welder) steel, 4 sided box that I will "hang" my lithium (Nissan Leaf) pack in via all-thread. This is the box prior to painting:

Next is to build (treated plywood) a box that will fit into my EZ-GO factory battery cage. Then I will bolt this steel box to the bottom of the wood box....if that makes sense.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Nice work! So the batteries sit on the wood deck and the steel box covers them and keeps them in place? Is that right?

Oh boy - I just saw the price on that coroplast. and I cannot find any strength data... to see if it will hold the weight.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Actually......I 'stole" the idea from Blflinch (sp) His aluminum box has 3 sides while my steel box has 4. I don't think either "style" will harm air flow to keep the batts cool. I just knew it would be easier to weld a complete plate across the bottom than to weld flanges.

Here's his prototype:

Old 09-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #15
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Oh boy - I just saw the price on that coroplast. and I cannot find any strength data... to see if it will hold the weight.
Sign shops are usually a good place to source it, and it is not a structural plastic. Same stuff that all those annoying little signs on street corners are made out of.

https://www.regal-plastics.com/contact/

This is my local supply house with the best prices, I am sure you have some near you as well. Don't go by the prices on an internet search. They are crazy high. This is the stuff that lots of Christmas light shows are using for displays.

I would not use it to hold any batteries, but for a light weight splash guard, it would be great.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #16
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Nice work! So the batteries sit on the wood deck and the steel box covers them and keeps them in place? Is that right?

This is the stuff I was looking at.

McmasterCarr has **** prices so I'm sure it could be had for less.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:58 PM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah....that's pricy!!

Not the same, but a 4'x8' 3/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. Ground Contact Pressure Treated Pine Performance Rated Sheathing is $41 at my local Home Depot.

I think for my needs this should suffice.

Dave
Old 09-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #18
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

to build one of these for improved surfing behind my boat:

Cuts like butter.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:43 AM   #19
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is what I came up with turned out ok had to do some trimming on the controller side. The intake of the cooling fan was tight up against the battery box. Made a cut out to allow better airflow and prevent rubbing.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:26 AM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Nice build Jkerle!

BTW....how did you attach that "fin" to the back of your boat? I'm thinking that has to be held very.....strongly?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium