lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Club Car/Kubota build

I just hired myself out to install a Kubota 3 cyl diesel into a Club Car. I know the Diesel has been done before but I don't think it was done to a Club Car, I think it was an EZGO. So, the Club Car's Driven clutch is on the wrong side. I researched some and on Tom's site ("Carts Parts Plus") I found some explanation about this, in his notes for his Club Car Big Block conversion it says that forward will be reverse and to get more speed he sells a higher gear ratio. So does this mean I can just turn this engine around, install it just like I would any Briggs conversion and use reverse for forward, I think it does. I only agreed to build the mount and install the engine and to line up the clutches then it's back to the owner. I will post some pics of the mounts when I get going. Any help, advise, opinions, would be greatly appreciated.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps