lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Tomberlin acceleration problems

Hello everyone, I have read through the post on the forum and saw many questions regarding the problem I'm having. I have the chance to purchase a 2007 tomberlin E-merge. It has an acceleration problem in reverse and forward. It wants to move while on the ground but won't. I have jacked up the rear and removed the pot under the floor to the pedal and it seems to be working. The cart will turn the tires when it is jacked up to about 5 MPH. The guy that I will be purchasing it from put new batteries in, Any advice would be great.
owensfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
bradical
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 Tomberlin acceleration problems

Fault codes? Battery pack voltage?
bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Fault codes? Battery pack voltage?
Don't know any fault codes or how to obtain them. Battery voltage is at 50 on the volt meter, It has brand new batteries.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: 2007 Tomberlin acceleration problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensfz1 View Post
Hello everyone, I have read through the post on the forum and saw many questions regarding the problem I'm having. I have the chance to purchase a 2007 tomberlin E-merge. It has an acceleration problem in reverse and forward. It wants to move while on the ground but won't. I have jacked up the rear and removed the pot under the floor to the pedal and it seems to be working. The cart will turn the tires when it is jacked up to about 5 MPH. The guy that I will be purchasing it from put new batteries in, Any advice would be great.
Please let me know if you solve the problem. I'm having the same problem . My forward and reverse has full voltage but won't go f or r. In the past i could disconnect the battery cables and the switch would engage. Now, i can't get it to move. 2007 Emerge 4.
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
Thanks
gyoung4@ec.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

I haven't repaired it yet. I have pulled the pedal assy down and disconnected the small circuit board and you can drive it up to 25 or 26 MPH. The only problem is, it is operating through the small switch in the black box where the circuit board is. You can turn the switch off with the key and it returns with the same problem. Plug the board back in and unplug it you can drive it again. I'm thinking it is the circuit board but I haven't had a chance to really work on it. I started another project. I'm going to try and get back on it this weekend and see what I can figure out.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, keep me updated....
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
Old 07-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyoung4@ec.rr.com View Post
Thanks, keep me updated....
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
I took my accelerator apart again after checking a few other areas on the car. I removed the small circuit board in the black box and found one of the transistors on the board had burnt. I don't know yet what caused it. I can still turn the switch on, plug the board in, hear the solenoid in the rear click and disconnect the board. This allows me to drive the car with no cotrol of the pedal as it woudl normally run. It is either go or no go. you can somewhat control the speed by feathering the pedal. I'm looking for a board now prior to replacing the entire pedal. I have one ordered and will keep you posted on how it works. I put 7 miles on it tonight trying it out. I'm getting closer.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the update. I am trying to find a service manual so i can work on it myself and not have to spend the expensive labor. I've had my Emerge 4 for 5 years, nothing but trouble but i like the way it runs and looks when it is running. My dealer can't even fix mine without guessing what is wrong then keep putting on a new parts. Electrical problems are the easiest to fix but the hardest to find. I will just keep on experimenting and will run across the problem sooner or later. Many post on the internet have had are problems but no one will post on how to correct it. Keep me updated...
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
Old 07-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyoung4@ec.rr.com View Post
Thanks for the update. I am trying to find a service manual so i can work on it myself and not have to spend the expensive labor. I've had my Emerge 4 for 5 years, nothing but trouble but i like the way it runs and looks when it is running. My dealer can't even fix mine without guessing what is wrong then keep putting on a new parts. Electrical problems are the easiest to fix but the hardest to find. I will just keep on experimenting and will run across the problem sooner or later. Many post on the internet have had are problems but no one will post on how to correct it. Keep me updated...
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
You are right. They treat these things like they are top secret. looking to find parts is a challenge also. I'll try to sen you a copy of a PDF manual that I have of a 2010. Not much difference in the models.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Enclosed is a couple pictures of my Emerge 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg march 2011 127.jpg (259.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg march 2011 131.jpg (271.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg march 2011 129.jpg (250.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg march 2011 126.jpg (278.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin