lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
empeller
Not Yet Wild

Default Installed main dropout harness, still no go?

Have a 2005 club car DS 48 volt IQ, (shunt wound) all stock. The problem started when the solenoid dropped voltage and the pedal was pressed. Cart would move forward a little bit and then stop and eventually not go at all. I took it to a buddy that works for Club Car and when we plugged in the IQ diagnostic we didn't get any power on the CDM. We then replaced the on-board computer, the controller, the solenoid, and the Mcor, checked the key switch for continuity as well as the FR switch, they were both fine. Installed main drop out harness(after market), load tested all the batteries and tested battery bank, (51 v), checked the charger plug fuse, and checked the on-board computer fuse. Solenoid reads 50 v when the ignition key is on and when the run tow switch is in the run position. Getting a voltage drop on the solenoid when it's switched to tow and when the ignition is off, but not when we switched the FR switch to either way. Getting a code flash on the dash battery light...10 sec on then 4 off then 10 sec on . When the charger is plugged in it drops down to about 3 amps but never turns off. Before the problem the charger would always turn off on it's own , Still no voltage to the solenoid when pedal is pressed. I think that's it for any of you daring ones that have finished reading this. So if there is anything you can think of not mentioned above, I would be thankful.
empeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Installed main dropout harness, still no go?

I'd love to see this one.... you say your buddy works at Club Car? Does that mean you're in Augusta, GA? Let me know..
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
empeller
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I'd love to see this one.... you say your buddy works at Club Car? Does that mean you're in Augusta, GA? Let me know..
No I said he works for club car , In melboune fla. been employed their for 2 years , which means he doesn't know a fraction of what you know about club cars and how they work , I've read plenty of your (800) or so replies , and most seem to be well thought answers , just asking you to dig deep and try to help me solve this problem , thanx Tahoe Dawg
Old 12-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I wasn't aware Club Car had an operation in Melbourne FL... anyways..... Did the IQDM still not boot up after the new OBC was installed? Check the connection of the small red wire hooked to the solenoid. Make sure it's on the same post as the main red wire coming from the battery pack. I've seen it installed on the other side before and it causes problems similar to what you're referring to... Also, which OBC did you install? Part numbers would be excellent.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
empeller
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I wasn't aware Club Car had an operation in Melbourne FL... anyways..... Did the IQDM still not boot up after the new OBC was installed? Check the connection of the small red wire hooked to the solenoid. Make sure it's on the same post as the main red wire coming from the battery pack. I've seen it installed on the other side before and it causes problems similar to what you're referring to... Also, which OBC did you install? Part numbers would be excellent.
small red wire is on the right side of the primary , the obc part # 21155-02 is the one on the cart now , (1019902 ) and the one we replaced it with ended 901 , also had a friend tell me to jumper the neg. side of the solenoid to the common ground of the controller , and press the pedal , if it moved it would mean the obc is bad , so I did it ,and still got nothing although the solenoid did engage?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by empeller View Post
small red wire is on the right side of the primary , the obc part # 21155-02 is the one on the cart now , (1019902 ) and the one we replaced it with ended 901 , also had a friend tell me to jumper the neg. side of the solenoid to the common ground of the controller , and press the pedal , if it moved it would mean the obc is bad , so I did it ,and still got nothing although the solenoid did engage?
There's your problem. A 101909901 is a Series Computer. You need an IQ computer. You didn't notice the difference in Pin-Connectors when you hooked it up? The IQ has a 6-pin plug where a series car only has 3.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
empeller
Not Yet Wild

so it's been forever , had lots of things come up since the new year , anyway I did get the cart to work , seems to be a diode in the wiring harness that doesn't show up in the factory schematic will i upload pictures soon to help anyone having this same problem, also thanks to Tahoe Dawg for all his great input .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car