lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
lakegastonheel
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin will not move...intermittent problem has become permanent

We have good voltage on all batteries on this 2007 E-Merge. When the problem began, you could "recyle" the ignition switch by turning on and off a couple of times and the car would work eventually. Once you had it going, it would work perfectly...forward and reverse...until you switched the ignition off. After that, it might or might not work, but recycling the ignition enough times would eventually result in the car moving again. Not so now....it's completely DOA.

The ignition switch itself tests fine with a voltmeter. I thought the problem seemed to be a solenoid issue but we replaced that. It worked once after the solenoid replacement but has not since. I don't know much about these electric vehicles though I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have turned a wrench before. Does that leave me with controller as being the most likely culprit here?

Thanks for any guidance or input! Oh, and FYI, it's a 48 volt system on a street ready 2007 Tomberlin E-Merge. It has about 3,000 miles on it at this point.
lakegastonheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
pkeen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tomberlin will not move...intermittent problem has become permanent

Please let me know what you find out. My cart has just started having the same problem. The cart runs well and has new batteries this year. My cart is an EZGO 2000.
pkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Default Re: Tomberlin will not move...intermittent problem has become permanent

I had the same intermittent issue----turned out to be a loose cable on one of the batteries. Might be good to put your post in the Tomberlin section so those folks see it.
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts