lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #21
FJCRUZR
E-Z-FUN

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tomberlin Tax Credit

Mike you bring a good point
But like you said, you buy it ~ keep it ~ enjoy it and keep driving it...

Maybe a STICKY would be in order for this subject!

natvtxn27 I like that cart, you did good...now enjoy it for years to come
FJCRUZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #22
East Texas Golf Cars
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

On the positive side, we have been selling Tomberlins since 2007 and have not had any cars come back for trade-in. We do have people coming in looking for used Tomberlins but in my experience there are no Used Tomberlins because people are keeping thier cars. This is a testimony to the car itself. We have had no repair issues with the Tomberlins which translates to happy customers.

Because of its service record & versitility on the street and golf course, it may hold its value better than the typical golf car, but only time will tell. What we do know is our experience and the current facts. And those are that the Tomberlins have a Tax Credit, a great Service record and are all around a Cool Car!
East Texas Golf Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to the forum Paul...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #24
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you read this thread and all my posts - I am NOT knocking the Tomberlin product in any way. I was asked to be a dealership for them in 2006, but declined as I knew of the EZGO LSV product in development that is soon to be released. My main point from all the talk of a "FREE" cart was to let people know that the discount will effect the value of their vehicle at trade-in time. "Yes", we have had people wanting to trade them in at our dealership. As stated previously - the tax credit is a GREAT deal, I wish our product was ready for the public so I could take advantage of it as well. Any vehicle that qualifies for the credit will lose resale value because of the credit, and ONLY because of the credit - NOT because of the Brand name. That is my reason to post. It is my opinion, and only my opinion, which is what a public discussion forum is all about.

There are many EZGO dealers in our network that are also Tomberlin dealerships, for my own reasons I chose not to be one.

With over 3,300 posts on BGW - I have spent countless hours assisting members with questions on repairs, trouble shooting and parts orders. This is just another topic that I felt needed addressed from both sides.

Now, let's get back to assisting others

Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

You cant make me
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #26
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
You cant make me
How bad did you need that side panel?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
How bad did you need that side panel?
I've been wrong before, this appears to be another time I was
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #28
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I've been wrong before, this appears to be another time I was
That's OK, take the day off

Old 10-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #29
asuperheat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Consider this with these vehicles. I don't want to start a huge debate, but you need to consider what to do with the rebate!

Yes, you will get some cash off of your Fedaral return next year - $4,500.00 in most states, but you will also lose that money in the value of your cart. Your cart IMMEDIATELY drops in resale value the day you take delivery. Why? Because someone can go to a dealership and purchase a new one and recieve their rebate. I think some owners of Tomberlins will be shocked at the vehicles value when it somes to trade in time. Once again - I'm not knocking the product, or the rebates. But you're not getting "free" money. That amount will be lost in value of the carts "worth" in resale or trade in value...

EZGO is releasing a street legal vehicle in 2010, so I've been considering this "rebate" controversy for quite some time
If you are correct in your asumption then why would this be limited to just the carts that meet a tax credit? If I had a chance to buy a e-z go or a tomberlin at the same cost I would take the tomberlin, it is streetlegal, has headlights tail lights, goes faster, has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes, has a onboard charger, speedometer, if I take it to a campsite that does not allow golf carts it is allowed because it is a lsv licensed and insured and they can't tell me I can not have it unless they ban all vehicles. I could go on but my point is if it does devalue the tomberlin then it devalues all carts! not just those with tax credits.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #30
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

asuperheat - My point was "used" car value only, NOT a vehicle manufacturer debate. It's simple math - You buy an $8K cart w/o a "qualifying tax credit" available, then, as a used cart, it has a higher resale value over a $8K cart that immediately gets a $4.5K "tax credit". Why? Because who will go buy a used "tax credit qualifying" cart for $6K, when they can go get a new one and basically only pay $3.5K after the tax credit? EZGO will have them in the first quarter of 2010. Same deal. It's not a Tomberlin deal, it's a value after credit deal. There are other carts that qualify for it now, it's just that the Tomberlin is what the discussion was about.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin