lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2021, 04:37 PM   #1521
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn01754 View Post
Bob, Thanks for all you do to help us on here, It takes a lot of generosity to find the extra time. I really appreciate that. How about a Curtis 1238-6501?
That's for an electric floorsweeper, which lacks support for anything other than a simple electronic motor speed controller controller. No regen braking, or any of the other functions that are required for AC drive vehicles. They are plentiful on eBay, and not worth $200, let alone what they are selling them for to trick the uninformed. To make one of those work, it would require erasing the loaded OS and then requires a major reprogramming with a new OS file and a compatible VCL file, co-compiled with WinVCL. Beyond your ability. It requires access to OS and VCL files unavailable to the public, and the WinVCL utility itself, which is not available from any online source. Those few sites that seem to offer it as a download, are viruses/trojans! People have fallen for that trap.

That is why you would want to buy one that is already pre-programmed for an E-Z-GO or similar Textron EV. Not one for a lithium cart either. It requires a BMS to interface and communicate with to keep it functional. And you'll need a compatible harness, available from Textron. It needs to be configured for everything required for your vehicle to operate. Look for a 1236-6406, 1236-6416, 1236-6333, or a 1234-6350. There are other model numbers, but you would likely not want one of those. Too far away from what you are needing...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2021, 06:07 PM   #1522
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

10-4,
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #1523
Abrow04
Not Yet Wild

I have the spec sheet attached of my Curtis controller. Can anyone tell me what parameters I can changed to speed my cart up. Have an OEM level programer that will change the settings.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1236-5411 for Club-Car 5K-0 3 wire.pdf (419.8 KB, 0 views)
Abrow04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:35 PM   #1524
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

hi Guys, we finally got some decent weather, snow almost all melted.

Decided it would be a good time to see if i could program a speed increase from 19mph to 25mph. Adjusted a few of the current parameter, stepped on the throttle AND.....

it barely moved . I was now going 1 -2 mph...hahah.

fortunatly I had my original spreadsheet and away I went 19mph lol

can i get a bit of info on how parameters effect power to the motor? My original spredsheet is a couple post back...thanks??
Old 03-10-2021, 12:38 AM   #1525
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn01754 View Post
hi Guys, we finally got some decent weather, snow almost all melted.

Decided it would be a good time to see if i could program a speed increase from 19mph to 25mph. Adjusted a few of the current parameter, stepped on the throttle AND.....

it barely moved . I was now going 1 -2 mph...hahah.

fortunatly I had my original spreadsheet and away I went 19mph lol

can i get a bit of info on how parameters effect power to the motor? My original spredsheet is a couple post back...thanks??
Be very careful. It does not take much to kill a sepex motor by burning out a small guage winding. Trying things like you are doing is the worst way to educate yourself. My knowledge was gathered over decades of designing and working with EVs. It's not so simple to try to figure what you are changing by the little bit of information provided. I do not want to guess and lead you astray. I'm going on the road, so I will be out of touch.

We now have a bioweaponized Ebola outbreak in the US. Patient zero arrived in PA. First thing they did was silence all involved in the discovery...
Old 03-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #1526
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

as if it wasn't bad enough...another deliberate illness
Old 03-11-2021, 10:35 PM   #1527
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Im not having any luck searching for the L6 motor,

Any thoughts on this from china
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot (161).png (129.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-17-2021, 12:44 PM   #1528
Evgeny_L
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoosaBuggies View Post
I was able to figure out developer mode this morning and fix my issues. At first I wasn't sure I had it due to the blank Access Level designation but the on/off for Freedom Mode confirmed it. It would be great if the 'reset' controller option were available at all levels. While I think it only restarts the controller, it is nice to have so you don't have to key flip for a reset and the controller can restart properly. I parallel this to letting Windows shutdown rather than pressing the power button on the PC. If things aren't in a safe state OS wise, things can get messy. I am sure the programmer software makes changes instantly though, but I like the piece of mind of having the controller restart itself.

I would love to chat with you soon though about optimal values for certain categories based on your extensive experience!
Hi guys!
I have two 1230-2402 controllers that have error 5.3 (controller failure). I read on the forums that only resetting to factory settings in developer mode will help. Please tell me how to enable the program in developer mode?
Evgeny_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:04 PM   #1529
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny_L View Post
Hi guys!
I have two 1230-2402 controllers that have error 5.3 (controller failure). I read on the forums that only resetting to factory settings in developer mode will help. Please tell me how to enable the program in developer mode?
Sorry, that is not something we would do on here. This forum is crawled by many search engines on a daily basis, and we do not want to ruin Curtis by giving company secrets away openly. The highest level we have given information for is OEM, the highest level offered by Curtis.

BTW, any level interface can be used to reflash a controller, IF you have the file to reflash it with. Those files are just not available to anyone that does not have an account with Curtis to access those files.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:14 PM   #1530
coleasterling
Not Yet Wild

Okay guys, I've got a fun one. I've been using mine successfully for a long while now, no issues at all. I swapped computers to run a mini pc for data logging on my motorcycle (curtis 1238 and AC35), and now I can't get it to connect on either machine, old or new. I reinstalled software, have the correct access level set, redid the FTDI adapter settings, nothing. Software recognizes the adapter correctly, but I can't connect to the controller, with a no system found error.

Any ideas?

Oh, I should note that I tried the Spyglass and it is working without issue, so I don't think it is on the controller-end.
coleasterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts