lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
rogersta
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 full power no movement KSI bypass

Cart has been a daily driver working fine. Had to replace some leaky seals in on the rear axle. Pulled apart and put back together. Did about 6 miles in the cart and operated fine. Jacked up the cart and pulled the wheels to make sure everything was still tight. Put the wheels back on and dropped the cart. Tried to operate the cart and got no fwd/ rev motion. Pulled out the 1311 programmer for the 1268 controller. No faults. Started checking voltage and wire continuity. Battery output good, throttle voltage good (using meter and programmer to verify), power to ksi good, fwd/rev switch good (rev alarm active), Power to controller. Checked all fuses. Checked main contactor which had 48v going in on top terminal (big) from battery pack and 9v on bottom terminal (big) which connects to the B+ contoller field. Zero readings from the small connections on the main contactor to the j1 (ksi) and j17 (main contactor low side logic) controller connector.

Connected a jumper wire from positive lead of battery pack to the small terminal (top/ksi wire) on the main contactor. Cart operated normally. Why am I not able to get power from the j1/ksi connector to the main contactor to energize? Wire has continuity.
rogersta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
rogersta
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 full power no movement KSI bypass

Nobody has any input or ideas?
rogersta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:00 AM   #3
klawson1
Not Yet Wild

Hello! So I’m actually having the same exact problem. My old controller had j1 j2 and j3. Had to replace the controller and the new one I got only had j2 and j3 no j1 prong for ksi running from the contactor. Instead it has a six pin low power configuration molded in. 1st pin is ksi. Hooked up everything as it was previously but this time ksi from contactor to the first pin, but got no power. I looked at the user manual it says “KSI is turned on by connecting it to battery B+. Any positive voltage greater than about 8 volts will turn on the controller, but usually the full vehicle battery voltage is used.” Sorry I cant answer your question hope this helps. I’m going to try using a jump wire from ksi pin to my + battery terminal. What did you do with the blue wire running from the contactor after running the jump wire? Did your key still turn power on and off?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62232024-BF4C-4D34-B22C-7A8E68B352C5.jpg (11.4 KB, 0 views)
klawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:01 AM   #4
klawson1
Not Yet Wild

Hello! So I’m actually having the same exact problem. My old controller had j1 j2 and j3. Had to replace the controller and the new one I got only had j2 and j3 no j1 prong for ksi running from the contactor. Instead it has a six pin low power configuration molded in. 1st pin is ksi. Hooked up everything as it was previously but this time ksi from contactor to the first pin, but got no power. I looked at the user manual it says “KSI is turned on by connecting it to battery B+. Any positive voltage greater than about 8 volts will turn on the controller, but usually the full vehicle battery voltage is used.” Sorry I cant answer your question hope this helps. I’m going to try using a jump wire from ksi pin to my + battery terminal. What did you do with the blue wire running from the contactor after running the jump wire? Did your key still turn power on and off?
Old 03-25-2020, 04:15 AM   #5
klawson1
Not Yet Wild

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin