lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #11
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: A few tips for bleeding the brake on a Tomberlin Emerge

The front calipers will hold an air pocket.
The tomberlins are tough on brake fluid also, I get some that it comes out like mud, so its a good idea to bleed through the entire system to get clean fluid in it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #12
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Regardless of bleeding technique, I suspect that the small hydraulic systems involved are a lot like what we encountered over the years with motorcycle clutch and brake systems. They tend to absorb moisture and due to the small capacity systems they need to be purged and new fluid installed about every two years. The same thing happens with RV's that are not used a lot. They aren't quite as time sensitive, but 3-4 years is quite common for problems beginning and complete loss of brakes isn't uncommon due to degraded fluid.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #13
dacheedah
Gone Wild

Yamaha

On our bikes Yamaha added an additional bleeder valve in line going to the front breaks. It did help alot, we used to hold the front master down half way overnight and put an aquarium pump on it. The vibration was enough to move some stubborn air out.
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #14
TomberlinEd
Not Yet Wild

I just had an adventure with air in my lines after putting new brake pads on the front. I tried to bleed it like the instructions but I couldn't get one of the bleeder valves to move (looks like previous owner had stripped it before me) in the back. I ended up trying to bleed by elevating the front of the golf cart (I have a 6 seater) and pumping the brakes a bunch. Then I attached hoses to the passenger side and bleed until I saw no bubbles (I also ran the clear tube up and then down to a catching point). Then I pumped on the drivers side front while the bleeder valve was open and as of driving it 5 miles today it is work as I had hoped. Actually a little sticky but I'll take it. I don't need to go fast.
TomberlinEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #15
beewee
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

I am an owner of a Tomberlin E-Merge, not a mechanic. I purchased mine new in 2009, and have had the brakes bled 7 times by my local dealer, as they get mushy easily. Currently my brakes are virtually non-existent AGAIN. I live in Uptown Dallas, where this is our main form of transportation, to stores, restaurants, etc.

I am very handy, but have never bled brakes before. Due to the Corona virus, our only street-legal cart shop is closed. Is this process easy enough for a beginner like me? Do I need to get my cart lifted up somehow? Do you have to remove the tires? How do you remove the flooring? Will any auto bleed kit be sufficient? Or do I need Divine intervention here? Any advice would be appreciated.
beewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:32 PM   #16
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Y,ou would need to lift is and you would need to remove the tires.
Being a beginner, Id tell you don't do it. Ive seen automobile mechanics screw tomberlin brakes all up. They are a different beast.

Don't need a lot of tools, but the process to get them bled can be a royal pain, and you can run the risk of making them come back worse if you fail on trying to get them fixed.

PM me if you want me to try and walk you through it over the phone. Im still out working everyday.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin