lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #21
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly View Post
sir you keep saying you work on hundreds, if you read your own post only sold 650,, so how does that work you must have done them all,, also you post on other problems again sayin you worked on hundreds (check your own posts) but never with a solution only complaints no solutions ,,maybe you should share where your business is not just central fl.and ph,# if in fact you are that knowledgeable i,m sure you would have a lot of business,
Not complaining, sorry you feel that's how I was portraying myself.

Im not out to promote myself on this site. More of a time to time give answers to the more difficult carts and problems.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #22
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Needed some parts call a very nice lady at Tomberlin in Florida, had the correct parts in a few days, glass windshield, wiper motor, brake lever....
its just another golf cart to me....if its got a spark and a go button, i am game
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:49 PM   #23
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I know I'm late to the thread but i can confirm with Golf Cart Guy that Tomberlins have motors as their weak link. I believe in my case the motor can't handle the weight of the Tomberlin car (it weighs a TON compared with an electric Club Car or EZGO--ever push one up a hill?) and eventually gives out. IT's not Advanced Motors' fault (I hate Made in China myself but i digress) but the motor is underpowered for constant driving at the 25 MPH speed these things go.

The two most common failures (usually a pair, not sure if the motor causes the other) are the throttle sensor and motor. I replace the throttle sensor first as that's the primary error, and cheaper part, since the car won't run period or attempt to until this is repaired first, then in my case the motor brushes don't fail per se, the motor EOLs in fireworks or grenades itself sending driver almost through the windshield.

We tried to clean the armature and put brushes in, lubricate the holders and all, and what happens is the car goes to about 14 MPH and the motor locks up. It might work again but you're stuck limping back at under 10 MPH to avoid it. It's like the regen is kicking in hard.

The cars having this issue are often past or at 600-700 miles on the odometer. Another common issue is the hydraulic brakes locking up and I can't find parts or service info anywhere for them.

This isn't 'hate' for Tomberlin. However, the cars are overweight and the motors are underpowered. They should really be using beefier motors ala Cushman industrial cars use and programmed to go no more than 18-19 MPH maximum.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #24
plaborde
Not Yet Wild

I would sell my 2010 Tomberlin for $5,000 and be happy.
plaborde is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin