lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #1
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Default understanding wheel offset what do I need lifted cart

I plan on putting 6" lift on my 2009 RXV. How do I determine what offset tires I need? I assume a zero offset is stock tires, a 2 " offset would be rims that stick out 2" past stock rims? I assume -1" offset would be rims that stick in 1" closer to frame than stock rims? I guess negative offset would be special rims, and a positive offset could be done with either spacers or special rims?

I plan on getting 22 or 23" rims/tires, still dont know how wide, but I want cart to fit in back of pickup and stock tires the carts width is 45" now. The caret will be used on paved roads/campground dirt roads. Very little offroad use. I am lifting cart/bigger tires just for looks I like to look of lifted carts.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
kMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: understanding wheel offset what do I need lifted cart

Your assumptions are incorrect. "google" wheel offset explained or something similar and you will see lots of links and videos explaining offset and backspacing.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:18 PM   #3
1970buick
Gone Wild

See attached pic for simple explanation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C8277968-C864-488F-95A3-96A6ADD4547E.jpg (94.0 KB, 0 views)
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:05 AM   #4
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your replys. So how do you determine the optimum offset you should have on your golf cart either sock or a lifted cart?

Thanks again for the help.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:32 PM   #5
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just my opinion.
The higher you go the more you want to widen the stance of your tires.
Carts are not the most stable vehicles, so stock to 2" lift the factory wheels should be fine, 3" and over of lift you want it wider than stock with like a 1" to 2" offset and a wide tire as well.
I think the most common wheels you will find is the 3-5 offset
Search the web for "golf cart wheel offset" there is tons of info.
Keep in mind all of the factors, Driving style. If you drive like hell and like to corner fast, then go as wide as you can.
Also the wider you go the more stress you put on all of your components like bearings and axles.
There is a lot to consider, I hope reading this helps a little.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:28 AM   #6
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, for all the help, sounds like the wider (negative offset) I go the more stable the cart will be. I am going to double check my width of my current cart as I load the cart in my truck so total width needs to stay under the wheel well distance. Help me out on my math stock rims with zero offset are 4 by 4. If I get 3 by 5 offset rims I will have an extra inch on each side sticking out. if standard tires are 8.5", which is 8" at rim bead 8.5 at widest part, so if I got 10" wide tires that means an extra 3/4 of an inch will stick out. So if I got 3 by 5 rims with 10" wide tires that would add 1.75 plus 1.75= 3.5" to my overall width of my cart which would be 48.5". I just read my truck is 50" between wheel wells not 48, so I could probably go 10.5 wide tire and that would make my total width 49".

Thanks for the understanding.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:17 PM   #7
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would suggest installing the lift then mount your current wheel/tire combo and measure. The lift you choose may change the out to out dimension compared to stock. Just a thought since your limited in width.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts