lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #41
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Par car slow all the time

I took the carb off and inspected it. I couldn’t find any reason for the needle to get stuck. I did the upside down blow check and no air blew in so ops checks good. At last the fuel still leaking out the overflow and air filter. I’ve tried adjusting the air fuel screw seems like the more the screw goes out the less fuel but I’m not really sure.

Worst case is the crank seals are bad and arnt applying enough pressure the the fuel pump. The fuel pump isn’t filling the carb all the way to push the float and close the needle. Does this make any sense? Granted the air starts perfectly fine. If the crank were bad wouldn’t it be hard to start??

The fuel pump isn’t right.. it was just a random 3 port 2 cycle pump I found on eBay. The original fuel pump doesn’t exist for the 91 par car anymore.

The Chinese carb is faulty... maybe I just gott a bad one from supply?? Are there any make and model recommendations you have for a 91 par car?
Tankercart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2021, 11:15 AM   #42
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

Also does anyone know how to measure CC. The manual says the displacement was 245.8CC but since I bored it .20 over. I was wondering what my new CC would be
Old 03-24-2021, 06:31 AM   #43
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

Just so everybody knows... I ordered crank seals.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #44
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

I'm gonna be putting a rebuild jug and piston on one of mine in the next few weeks. I'm real curious if my compression reading will change. Right now its about 60. Runs OK but lacks power. No load it will spin up fine. Also mine doesn't like to start. I did the crank seals and reed valve not that long ago but didn't mess with the jug which I knew wasn't great at the time.
73eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:46 AM   #45
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

Yeah. My compression is still a mystery why it didn't change. I'm very interested if yours's changes. My cart is definitely faster (when it wants to be). I went from about 5mph to 18mph after I bored the engine. But with inconsistency and carb flooding issues it seems I have a fuel problem. I think it's related to an air leak somewhere.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:53 PM   #46
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

For those waiting for an update... well... I ended up ordering a new carb. Its some random Chinese carb Lmb-230, but it has a much bigger fuel bowl and slightly bigger venturi. It runs very well, and I clocked it at 22MPH with stock tires.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:01 AM   #47
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

22 mph... woot, woot! Sounds like you’re scooting along pretty well.
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:51 AM   #48
Lochlin
Gone Wild

22 MPH! Man that thing is flying. Be careful with that kind of speed.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, compression, muffler, timing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar