lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
daletoro
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 club car

2015 club car not getting fuel.pump is good,running on carb cleaner so i think it cpu and or injector .throws a 51 code on oil light is it true you have to change cpu and throttlebody and injector as a unit for a cost of serval thousand?
daletoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
daletoro
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2015 club car

The code 51 is a code meaning 'no spark'.

Below are some notes I took during a recent Subaru training session, plus a simple diagram. Please review and let me know what you discover.

The condition often occurs when a spade terminal has come loose on the ignition coil or when the male bullet terminal has come loose within the double-female bullet terminal insulation on the engine harness (at back of engine).
If the starter/generator is wired backwards, you’ll see a spark on the last revolution as the engine shuts off and spins clockwise for a split second.
With double-female at the back of the engine disconnected, both ECU plugs disconnected, use an in-line spark tester. If you see spark at all using this method, your coil is good. The problem lies in a harness or other issue. Reconnect double-female terminal at back of engine and the black ECU plug.
With only the gray ECU plug still removed, probe the white ECU wire and a frame ground. With key ON, in maintenance and neutral, press the accelerator pedal. You will only see voltage when you press the accelerator.
Press the accelerator pedal. If you see 0 VDC, a connector may be bad or loose. Check your double-female connection on the back driver-side of the engine. Or, trace the white wire and look for a break in the wire.
With engine running, there will be voltage on the white 18_ga wire which climbs along with RPMs.
The ECU must sense voltage from ignition coil on the white wire before it will supply ground to the black/white wire going to the injector. If not voltage is sensed, the injector will not open up to spray fuel.
When using an in-line spark tester, it keeps running when you shut off if the engine is cold. It does this to burn off excess fuel which was injected due to the engine being cold.
Image_2021-04-06_12-15-46.png

got this from club car may help somebody with same problem
daletoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:02 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 club car

Thanks for posting that info!
Did it help to fix your problem?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car