lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium battery upgrade

I think "most" of what you're saying is "pretty much" correct.

Now I know that's not a glowing endorsement.....but I think you got the basics right.

Now.....remember that I'm not an engineer...so take my comments with a grain of salt.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2021, 12:54 PM   #12
John_in_Ohio
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 1999 Club Car DS and I have a 51.2V (86mAmp) suitcase LiFePO4 battery that I ordered directly from RJ Energy. (Carl Wu @ sales7@rj-lithium.com ). It has 16 3.2V batteries stacked like a long loaf of bread.

The LiFePO4 battery worked fine with all the stock equipment, but I just upgraded the Controller (600 Amp), Solenoid, F/R switch, 2 gauge wires and a Plum Quick Rattlesnake. She went from 22 MPH to about 35PMPH on flat ground.

And for those of you that want to know....I got the new battery and a new charger for less that $1500 from Carl at RJ. That included shipping, customs, etc. Pretty reasonable if you ask me. I just went straight to the manufacture....
John_in_Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:50 AM   #13
luvdamud
Getting Wild
Yamaha

John, I know you can't PM yet due to your post count. Would you mind starting a thread about your experience with RJ-Lithium? I'm thinking about ordering a pack from them and would love to hear about your end to end experience, timeliness, delivery and any gotchas you saw along the way.

OP, sorry to hijack your thread.
luvdamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #14
John_in_Ohio
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

See quote below...
Old 04-12-2021, 09:58 AM   #15
John_in_Ohio
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdamud View Post
John, I know you can't PM yet due to your post count. Would you mind starting a thread about your experience with RJ-Lithium? I'm thinking about ordering a pack from them and would love to hear about your end to end experience, timeliness, delivery and any gotchas you saw along the way.

OP, sorry to hijack your thread.
I can start a thread on RJ-Lithium if there is not one already when I have a minute. I can layout the process, what I did to install it, etc. Does that work? Is there anything that you would like me to comment on in my post that would help you? This way it will limit your questions.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car