lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Questions on maximum current when using drop in batteries

Contact Lightning8U on this forum...I think he is a dealer for Roypow and he is in Texas. He should be able to give you all the answers about them. He also had good price but was too far for me to go pickup. A number of guys have the 160ah on this forum, you could contact them for their real world experience.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 09:20 AM   #12
keithf
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Brad!
keithf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:50 PM   #13
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi Keith!

I’m curious to know what you ended up doing? I have a 2016 Club Car Precedent with Navitas AC 600a/5kw with the RoyPow 51v 105ah S51105. I like the RoyPow battery but it just doesn’t allow me to take full advantage of the Navitas system being 51v and Max 200a...I top out at 35mph. I thought when I did the AC conversion I would get 40+...not knowing the lithium battery I have would prevent that from happening....that was a bummer! Had I known this from the beginning I never would have went with the RoyPow and gone with the Extreme Team 72v 150ah. I’ve had the cart almost a year and only had the battery shut down once and that was during the 2021 Texas snowstorm...I was out on the gold course pulling the kids on a sled so I get that. The guy that built my cart said I could trade my 105ah in for 2 of the 56ah batteries but that’s going to cost even more money that I don’t want to spend right now. What did you end up doing?

Thanks!
SakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:08 AM   #14
keithf
Not Yet Wild

Hi Sak, late last year I ended up getting the P-version of your battery - a Roypow S51105P 105ah - as the larger S51160P 160ah was not going to be available for a while.

I am very happy with the S51105P 105ah - it is a good fit for my needs.

You might consider trading your S51105 for a S51105P?

Hope this helps!
keithf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:40 AM   #15
ringkingpin
Not Yet Wild

Top speed is limited to what the motor is designed to spin. It looks like that motor is designed to turn 5785 rpm. The only way to get more speed now is to go to larger tires or change your gear ratio. I have a 5.5 hp G.E. motor (DC) and I'm hitting it hard with lithuiums and that motor is designed to turn 5750 and I'm seeing 36-37mph. I also have taller gearing, 8:1 I believe.
Now that AC conversion that SilverWolf makes is a 12hp motor but it spins 8,000rpm so in theory with my gearing that would be a 50mph cart, lol. They don't make a 19 spline model though, yet!
ringkingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #16
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithf View Post
Hi Sak, late last year I ended up getting the P-version of your battery - a Roypow S51105P 105ah - as the larger S51160P 160ah was not going to be available for a while.

I am very happy with the S51105P 105ah - it is a good fit for my needs.

You might consider trading your S51105 for a S51105P?

Hope this helps!
Thanks!
SakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car