lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2021, 08:39 PM   #1
jpbellis
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Should I buy this G29?

Hi all, I'm versed in Gas Gators and gas EZGo's but not electric or Yamahas.
I have an opportunity to get a pretty nice 2010 G29 4 battery 48 volt limo cart. I don't mind adding to it to make it even better. Here is what it has and what I'd like out of it. (Please keep in mind the owner wants $9k)
It has a small lift, not sure if its suspension or just a crappy lift.

I'd like to get some speed and electric efficiency out of it, so was thinking of a motor swap.

I'd like it to have some "field clearance" so maybe make the lift better if its a junky one.

Here are my questions for y'all...
Is this a good build platform, with after market stuff available?
Are AC motors worth it?
How much performance can I get out of one of these with a new motor?
Motor advice is appreciated

Am I missing anything?

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (107.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (56.0 KB, 0 views)
jpbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2021, 09:28 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Should I buy this G29?

I don't know much about limos but for a G29, 2010, 9K is a high price unless it has significant upgrades. The 4X12 battery combo is not that great for range or battery life either. I have two G29 golf carts and I like them. I paid 2K for my 2010 with a bad motor and new batteries.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:43 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks like a nice cart but I’d say 9k is pretty high. Especially since it’s 10+ years old.

They also ran all the lights, and anything else 12v off of one battery instead of using a reduced. That 1 battery will wear faster than the other 3 and throw the whole pack life off.

Agreed the 4x12v is less than an ideal setup.

I see newer G29’s off the golf course for around $2k somewhat frequently. You could modify that to a link, and upgrade all the drivetrain stuff for way less than $9k
Cart $2000
Riot kit $1350
Stretch kit $1500
Misc parts (dash, seat covers, etc) $1000
Lithium battery kit $2000

That would give you plenty of wiggle room, cheaper than the 2010 you found, and perform like an absolute beast of a cart. And the ability to build it yourself, know it’s done right and build it per your preference in colors/wheels/etc.

Just my .02
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:24 PM   #4
jpbellis
Gone Wild
Club Car

Man I appreciate the feedback! I def want a limo ... whats a stretch kit?
jpbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #5
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The stretch kit is made to convert your standard length carts into a limo. If you google it you will come up with some options for limo kits.

I would say that the price does sound a bit high to me, but in my area a cart like that would sell for that and probably more. Right now with availability low on carts and parts, if you have the funds and want a cart to use now, offer them $8000 and make your upgrades this winter when hopefully some of the parts you want are more available, or even a little cheaper than right now.

That is a great cart, and the age wouldn't bother me as much as the what it has been exposed to, or used for. Mechanically, be sure to check the rear axle bearings. They are prone to fail on this cart especially with the additional weight and burden of the limo kit and larger tires. They are not hard to change, and are not expensive, but you don't want them to fail. Failure can cause axle and differential housing damage. That would be very bad. Just jack the rear end up and check for play. Up and down should be tight.

I agree that if you are a handy person with some extra time that building your own is very satisfying, and you know how it all works!
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha